User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Depends on culture and generation, but I can imagine here in the USA a few decades back, honking horns in the driveway would have been a huge faux pas, in general society.

Although on one hand it might seem little different than ringing a doorbell, on the other hand people consider it like yelling to someone across a crowded room in someone else's house -- everyone can hear it, it gets everyone's attention. rather a course attention-getting mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    The guy is really talkative, I've half-assed kind of typed him as an ESTX or something. I suspect that his motive was to get me to come into the house so he can pry open my life and satiate his nosiness ... but they said that they could hear the car pull up and that there was no need to beep, so I donno *shrug*
    well, yeah, maybe he just doesn't like people "ordering him about" which is what honking from the drive can seem like to some people. If he doesn't come out, you'll keep honking and getting everyone's attention. Or it could be a control issue over his environs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I was over visiting some cousins of mine for the first time. I noticed that my aunt was Filipino, and my uncle was Caucasian. There were three kids. I noticed that one of the kids looked Caucasian with freckles, one of them had Caucasian and Filipino features, and the last one looked completely Filipino. Reminded me of the comparison of three results of similar experiments with different test conditions I'd watched on television.

I was very intrigued, and didn't know about racial taboos at the time. I said, "So, you're the product of interracial breeding? Fascinating!" I really did find it intriguing because I'd never seen it before. Had no idea it was possible, let alone offensive to point out.
    next time you go somewhere wear this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I was over visiting some cousins of mine for the first time. I noticed that my aunt was Filipino, and my uncle was Caucasian. There were three kids. I noticed that one of the kids looked Caucasian with freckles, one of them had Caucasian and Filipino features, and the last one looked completely Filipino. Reminded me of the comparison of three results of similar experiments with different test conditions I'd watched on television.

I was very intrigued, and didn't know about racial taboos at the time. I said, "So, you're the product of interracial breeding? Fascinating!" I really did find it intriguing because I'd never seen it before. Had no idea it was possible, let alone offensive to point out.
    hahaha, I'm surprised that you could recognise the Filipino characteristics so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I think the rudest thing I ever did was three fold. I banged your mother, made you and now I'm telling you about it.
    Thanks, it's no wonder than I'm three quarters Rawr monster...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Oh. This was a "share your rudeness" thread.

I'm rude to really rude people. I tell myself I'm helping them by educating them, but mostly, it's just because they're so inconsiderate themselves I can retaliate with a clear conscience.

Once, a group of college girls was driving by my BIL and I while we were walking with my then-toddler on the sidewalk, yelling at us and cat calling out their windows, out of boredom I'm sure. The third time around, I shlupped an enormous container of ice water through their open window into their car, completely drenching the main offender, and waved cheerily at them as the stared at me in shock. I guess that was fairly rude of me.
    I've seen similar things done to take away store attendants juuuust as they close the window after going through the drive through... you never get to see their faces, but it's still pretty hilarious
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I laughed.
    I too am a 'product of interracial breeding'. I myself wouldn't find it offensive actually. I'd just be like "yea. It's pretty cool" If people are fascinated by it why would I be offended.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I laughed.
    I too am a 'product of interracial breeding'. I myself wouldn't find it offensive actually. I'd just be like "yea. It's pretty cool" If people are fascinated by it why would I be offended.
    Hmm, you have a point. What's your mix btw? I'm Italian + Black. Which means I'm fucking sexy as a motherfucker.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

^^ That's so honest and to the point! Love it. Can't see how people would find this offensive. I would have laughed and told you all about it. I respect that kind of directness. And also, you did think it was fascinating. Why the hell would that offend me? Unless you were just jerking me around. Then I would have made my Filipino sis give you rabies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Depends on culture and generation, but I can imagine here in the USA a few decades back, honking horns in the driveway would have been a huge faux pas, in general society.

Although on one hand it might seem little different than ringing a doorbell, on the other hand people consider it like yelling to someone across a crowded room in someone else's house -- everyone can hear it, it gets everyone's attention. rather a course attention-getting mechanism.

well, yeah, maybe he just doesn't like people "ordering him about" which is what honking from the drive can seem like to some people. If he doesn't come out, you'll keep honking and getting everyone's attention. Or it could be a control issue over his environs.
    You're right, that's probably what it was. But it's certainly not how I intended it to be, I was in a "LET'S GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW" kind of mood unfortunately...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'm asking because I drove up to one of my friends homes the other day, and beeped for him to come out, rather than getting out of the car to greet him. He told me on messenger that his dad would yell at me if I did it again and that he was dead serious... I'm not a big fan of dead serious . Is that an over reaction like I think it is?

Anyway, top me (ie. impress us all with your stories of irrational rudeness)
    Perhaps a better question is "what's the rudest thing you've seen" because rudeness is a clash of value systems.

The one being rude is operating well within their own system

The victim of rudeness is in a situation outside of their own system.

So basically, rude people don't know they are being rude, when it's really* rude.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    Perhaps a better question is "what's the rudest thing you've seen" because rudeness is a clash of value systems.

The one being rude is operating well within their own system

The victim of rudeness is in a situation outside of their own system.

So basically, rude people don't know they are being rude, when it's really* rude.
    Good point... not sure if "what's the rudest thing you've seen" fits perfectly either though, but the point is somewhat clear at least
    5 3 9

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Wow, man... No offense, but you need to get out more.
    I'm the "product" of interracial "breeding," and if someone said that to me, I would get really, really offended.
    Hell, 'phours, as far as I can tell you're the product of inter-species breeding.

...so, uh, how'd I do?

I should tell you some time about a faux pas that Jennifer committed with regard to me. It was a doozy!