User Tag List

First 123 Last

No one here has ever compared me to anyone. Still I look like my mother and am more like my father.

I think I would like to be compared to someone so that I would know what I am like.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Been told more than once that I'm like my father who's ENTP. And I really resented being compared to him for the longest time. My brother, also an ENTP, has told me time and again when he was younger that I'm his younger,female, more emotional version, which just meant I still need to learn how to deal with my emotions :rolli:

I admit we're a lot alike in many ways..but the differences are so much more important and at our core. Nowadays, I'm proud to be like them (but also very proud to be different). Didn't always feel that way though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, I've had this happen within my family. I can usually identify where they see the comparison, especially taking into consideration who it's coming from.

My ISFJ mom - she says I am like her because I am shy and quiet and not big on socializing....it's really just the introversion though. From there, we diverge.

My INTJ uncle - from the perspective of SF family members. Since my Fi is well-protected, I guess I can seem T to Fe-heavy people, and the introverted intuitive thing must show some patterns between us also.

MY ExTJ aunt - from the perspective of SF family members again. If she is intuitive, then that may be the similarity they see. If she's an ESTJ, then maybe it's a shadow thing. This one is puzzling from an MBTI perspective, but not if you actually know us as individuals.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i haven't been compared to anyone, that i know of.

when i was growing up i lived somewhat in the shadow of my brother. no one compared me to him when i was around, but i think they probably did compare us. i think all brothers get compared somewhat.
    but he was much older and very much the golden boy of our neighborhood. smart, handsome, charming, brave, kind, etc etc. i mean, he was my hero, so i never resented him, but i did make comparisons between him and me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

LOL. Probably not, here...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Someone once compared me to my boss, but I am convinced he is a jerk
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Someone once compared me to my boss, but I am convinced he is a jerk
    yeh, those extroverted judging types...

I get compared to my father(INTP) a lot. There may be some similarity in us both being NPs, like people notice we are the two scientific/theoretical seeming ones in the family. We have very different approaches to both scientific and people stuff though.

The only other ones I remember are just people saying I remind them of some other person they know but I don't.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My ENTJ father. I use to hear...you're him but introverted. And female.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've been compared with . . .

-My mother, who is an INFP. This has happened at least twice.

-Anne Shirley (from Anne of Green Gables), who is an INFP.

-The Elemist (a character from the Animorph books; I think he's an INFJ)

-Princess Garnet from Final Fantasy IX. Probably an INFJ.

-Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds, who, from what little I've seen of the show, is an NTP. (This may have to do with the fact that we slightly resemble each other, though.)

I don't know why I've been compared with these people, because I don't see much similarity. I suppose it's because I have access to parts of myself that most people would never guess exist.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    My ENTJ father. I use to hear...you're him but introverted. And female.
    Haha I am a blend of my parents. I have the Introversion of my mom combined with the Thinking and Logic of my dad. They're both NJ's though.