User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Congrats to both of you!!!

My wife and I purposely waited 9 years to have kids--we're both P's, and we kept putting off the decision.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I understand your nervousness, but I still think you'll be excellent parents. What you have to be careful of is romanticizing the experience, expecting it to be easy. The reality of it can be very stressful, with crying at night, having to watch them constantly, but I imagine there's still the positive side of loving the child and watching them grow up.

I've heard that it's always different from what you expect it to be like, so be prepared for the worst, and hope for the best.

Just try your best to teach them as much as you can, as early as you can. A person can't learn too much.

My guesses on type are ENFP, INTJ, ESTP, or ISFJ. Just a shot in the dark. I hope the child is N, though, since both parents are.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If I had kids, I'd sell them so I can get a new plasma TV!

(Why is it against the law to sell children but not pets?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Aw congrats. I think i took 5 pregnancy tests, because i couldn't believe that the results were actually positive every time.

I must say that i love my unborn child more than i have ever loved anyone or anything in my whole life, so i hope you experience the same thing. You just don't know where the love comes from! Congrats again.

And buy some tums and a body pillow, because they will come in handy in the last few months!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Now, let's be realistic here.
    Ha, yes, it's not a matter of "if" but "when" -- and usually "when" during the first 24 hours.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ha, yes, it's not a matter of "if" but "when" -- and usually "when" during the first 24 hours.
    Yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but both times I got pooped on within five or ten minutes, when the baby was fresh and nakey on my bosom right after emerging. The good news is I hardly even noticed because I was so glad to have them on the outside, and somebody else cleaned it up that time.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    If I were The_Liquid_Laser, I might be worried that ladypinkington said "might be a daddy".

Nonetheless, congratulations!
    lolol, I only said "might" because I didn't know if 3 positives were enough to be sure and confidently say I am pregnant. I am still too insecure of the results,lol. I probably won't feel completely certain and feel 100 percent until a doctor says it to me to my face,lol. I feel better about the results though from what people have shared here,lol. I am still in a weird kind of up and down- sure not sure state of mind.

TLL is my first and my only.

I know you are probably just joking around but I must share anyway because that's what I do,lol.

Thanks again to everyone for support and warm fuzzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    lolol, I only said "might" because I didn't know if 3 positives were enough to be sure and confidently say I am pregnant. I am still too insecure of the results,lol. I probably won't feel completely certain and feel 100 percent until a doctor says it to me to my face,lol. I feel better about the results though from what people have shared here,lol. I am still in a weird kind of up and down- sure not sure state of mind.
    The doctor's just going to give you the same kind of test you already took three times, so you can pretty much rely on that. Sometimes they do a blood test if there's any question, but I don't think there is in your case; you were trying, and you're not on any medications. It's weird in the beginning before you really "feel" pregnant, though.

I apologize if I sound pedantic- it's easy for me to slip into childbirth educator mode when this topic comes up.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The doctor's just going to give you the same kind of test you already took three times, so you can pretty much rely on that. Sometimes they do a blood test if there's any question, but I don't think there is in your case; you were trying, and you're not on any medications. It's weird in the beginning before you really "feel" pregnant, though.

I apologize if I sound pedantic- it's easy for me to slip into childbirth educator mode when this topic comes up.
    Oh no, that's helpful. I appreciate it tremendously.
    I am totally in the dark when it comes to pregnancy stuff. I don't have any baby expereince at all and have never really known any pregnant women.

I need all the educators I can get,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

I still remember the very first time I felt my first baby move inside me when she was still very tiny.
    It was about 22 years ago. Incredible.