User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Default Some of my favorites.

Be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else - Judy Garland.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
    Judy Garland

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

He who angers you conquers you.
    Elizabeth Kenny

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    Buddha

How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
    Marcus Aurelius

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
    Ambrose Bierce

When anger rises, think of the consequences.
    Confucius

It is not length of life, but depth of life.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
    Josh Billings

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.
    Arthur Miller

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    Harvey Fierstein

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    William James

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
    Robert Byrne

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
    Albert Camus

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.
    Erich Fromm

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    Maya Angelou

If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.
    John A. Simone, Sr.

Just thought i'd contribute as this is a wonderful thread idea.

Sorry if some of these are not necessarily NF .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

"It is empty and meaningless that it is empty and meaningless".
    "It is empty and meaningless that it is empty and meaningless".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

"Pain is a thing you do to yourself. Other people do things to you - they hit you, or stab you, or try to shoot you- but pain is of your own making. It's always within your power to stop your own pain."

"I train myself to look at the glass being half-full but occasionally I slip. People often shout out me in the street 'cheer up, it may never happen.' You just want to shout back 'fuck off, it already has'!"

"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks."

1 to 3, 1 to 3. Only 1 to 3? Hard.

1) "You can't stop a story being told."

2) "Though we march to the music of our time, our mission is timeless."

3) "It is the individual only who is timeless. Societies, cultures, and civilizations past and present are often incomprehensible to outsiders, but the individual's hungers, anxieties, dreams, and preoccupations have remained unchanged through the millennia."

I am aware that 2 and 3 appear to be contradicting each other, but different contexts of course.

MBTI
    INTP

"Life? What 'right' to life has a man who is drowning in the Pacific? The ocean will not hearken to his cries. What 'right' to life has a man who must die to save his children? If he chooses to save his own life, does he do so as a matter of 'right'? If two men are starving and cannibalism is the only alternative to death, which man's right is 'unalienable'? And is it 'right'? As to liberty, the heroes who signed the great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost. The third 'right'?—the 'pursuit of happiness'? It is indeed unalienable but it is not a right; it is simply a universal condition which tyrants cannot take away nor patriots restore. Cast me into a dungeon, burn me at the stake, crown me king of kings, I can 'pursue happiness' as long as my brain lives—but neither gods nor saints, wise men nor subtle drugs, can ensure that I will catch it."

- Robert A. Heinlein, a philosopher often mistaken for a mere author of the greatest stories ever told

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

From the NF club:
    "Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved."
    — Jane Goodall

"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen."
    — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"With a prompter in every cellar window whispering comebacks, shy people would have the last laugh."
    -- Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
    — Søren Kierkegaard

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."
    — Charlotte Brontë (Jane Eyre)

"The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed."
    — Charlotte Brontë

"Your will shall decide your destiny."
    — Charlotte Brontë (Jane Eyre)

"His mind was indeed my library, and whenever it was opened to me, I entered bliss."
    — Charlotte Brontë (Villette)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    "The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed."
    — Charlotte Brontë

"His mind was indeed my library, and whenever it was opened to me, I entered bliss."
    — Charlotte Brontë (Villette)
    I love these!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I saw a bumper sticker recently that I had to add to this thread:

"Ginger Rogers Did Everything Fred Astaire did Backwards and in High Heels."

Take that, Fred Astaire Fans!!! Muhahahaa!!!

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

"These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you."

-Whoever wrote Leviticus
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness