User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    We can only have three quotes apiece, right? If so, could you take out my Paul Simon one and put this in instead?

"Life is like a grapefruit... It's orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle... and some people have half a one for breakfast."
    - Douglas Adams
    Done!
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INTP

"Ignorance is not innocence but sin." --Robert Browning

"What can be said at all can be said clearly; and whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent." --Ludwig Wittgenstein (Translated into English by C.K. Ogden)

"An open mind, in questions that are not ultimate, is useful. But an open mind about the ultimate foundations either of Theoretical or of Practical Reason is idiocy. If a man's mind is open on these things, let his mouth at least be shut. He can say nothing to the purpose." --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Updated.

Let's get some more in here.

MBTI
    ENTP

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting a better collection.

GO.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"What makes a free thinker is not his beliefs, but the way in which he holds them. If he holds them because his elders told him they were true when he was young, or if he holds them because if he did not he would be unhappy, his thought is not free; but if he holds them because, after careful thought, he finds a balance of evidence in their favor, then his thought is free, however odd his conclusions may seem" - Bertrand Russell

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are even stupider than that." -George Carlin

"Ain't no shame in holding onto grief. As long as you make room for other things too"- Bubbles (The Wire)

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

"Pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles" -Lt. Cosgrove (Freakazoid)

I also love the entire Pale Blue Dot speech. I don't know if it can be counted as it's more a monologue than a quote, but here it is:

"From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of particular interest. But for us, it's different. Consider again that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known." - Carl Sagan
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Double post. Don't know why.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

"Where is the Life we have lost in living?"
    -T.S. Eliot

"Always passing, the stream of life, which in the stream of life we trace is dearer thaaan them all."
    -James Joyce

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

"Find out what you're afraid of and go live there."

"If I love you, what business of it is yours?"

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."

"Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

^ Damn good quotes, MDP2525!

One of my favorites has always been:

"The first step to being remembered when your life is over, is to live a life worth remembering."
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

"See, I'm blond. So if I fuck a blonde, we get blond kids, right? And if my son fucks a blonde, and his son fucks a blonde, and his son fucks a blonde, and his son fucks a blond, and so on, blond people will continue existing! Right?" - Someone I know. Just make up the type.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.