First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

No SJ quotes yet? Well, I guess I'd better chip in with mine:

"I am as I ever was, and ever shall be, yours, yours, yours."
    - John Adams, in a letter to his wife Abigail

"Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past... Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future... and common sense is knowing that you should try not to be an idiot now."
    - from the webcomic "Questionable Content"

It was a dry wind, and it swept across the desert and it curled into the circle of birth/And the dead sand falling on the children, the mothers and the fathers and the automatic earth/These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call/The way the camera follows us in slo-mo, the way we look to us all/The way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky/These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don't cry baby, don't cry, don't cry/
    - Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

List is again completely updated, thanks for the input so far.

And EJCC: Yes, we definitely need some more SJ in this thread. I mean, it's only a matter of time before I stop organizing that list so nicely, right? . Also, I love your quote from "Questionable Content".
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

SP

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
    Bruce Lee

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.
    Bruce Lee

The man who is really serious, with the urge to find out what truth is, has no style at all. He lives only in what is.
    Bruce Lee

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

NT

Budda in alphabetical order

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.

Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

It is better to travel well than to arrive.

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.

edit: I couldn't control myself. I like them all equally.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    I

George Washington (ISTJ): "Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."

MBTI
    IsTP

(I'm leaning more to NT then to SP)

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

Those who wait for the perfect time to do anything seldom get anything done. (author unknown)

I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice. - Albert Einstein
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

How many quotes? These are probably the highest on my list.

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "Press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
    --President Calvin Coolidge

"Whoever strives with all his might, we are allowed to save." --from Faust

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
    --Mark 8:36
    Last edited by Cimarron; 08-10-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: quotes
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

Updated! Thanks to everyone new who contributed.

I also normalized the style. As an ENTP, please understand how hard this was for me to do.

Wolf: I just added the first 3, I don't want any one person over-represented
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    EII

"If you're willing to sacrifice everything for your beloved, then you know the meaning of love."
    -Anonymous
    So he said to me "I love you, just not the way you want me to." I hit him, because he lied to me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

We can only have three quotes apiece, right? If so, could you take out my Paul Simon one and put this in instead?

"Life is like a grapefruit... It's orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle... and some people have half a one for breakfast."
    - Douglas Adams
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!