• Burial ftw

13 27.66%
  • Cremation ftw

26 55.32%
  • Doesn't matter, death is all the same to me

8 17.02%
First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    LOL! March right into the funeral home and say, "How much will it be for the Full Lenin?"

Those Capsula Mundi things--I don't know. I like the idea of the tree and all, but I don't want to see my grandparent or parent in a garbage bag in the fetal position, you know?
    It does look oddly like an egg yolk barely hanging from the shell. But I like the idea nonetheless. The Kinkaraco shrouds also appeal to me. What did you think of the Promessa AB Ecological funeral?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    It does look oddly like an egg yolk barely hanging from the shell. But I like the idea nonetheless. The Kinkaraco shrouds also appeal to me. What did you think of the Promessa AB Ecological funeral?
    That was really interesting--it's kind of strange to think that your entire remains would be gone within a few months, though. There's something emotionally weird to me about that. There are things I wouldn't mind for myself, but I wouldn't want for my loved ones.

I'm not a fan of the cardboard coffins, though. It makes me feel like I'm burying a family member in an under-the-bed box.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    That was really interesting--it's kind of strange to think that your entire remains would be gone within a few months, though. There's something emotionally weird to me about that. There are things I wouldn't mind for myself, but I wouldn't want for my loved ones.

I'm not a fan of the cardboard coffins, though. It makes me feel like I'm burying a family member in an under-the-bed box.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESFJ

I want to be buried. (and wearing a coat, don't even ask)
    It was watching Bill Murray in 'Scrooged' where he is stamping out the flames in the coffin. Seriously head fk'd me.

My parents enquired about a natural burial site, i wouldn't mind going there.
    Very beautiful and tranquil.

The plan so far is:

Taken from hospital to burial ground in an estate car. (I'll be in a biodegradable bag)
    No one wearing black.
    Shove me in the ground.
    Down the pub.
    Few drinks on me.
    Only stipulation is i want Pachelbel cannon and YMCA played.
    Everyone go home and get on with life.
    Done.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i like the shroud idea. the egg things are a little much for me. would you have to quickly position the corpse after death, before rigor mortis sets in? or is that less of a big deal than i thought..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Everyone knows real dinosaurs don't get cremated unless an ominous cataclysm happens; like a meteorite hits Earth. Hence, Falcarius wants a natural burial like other proper dinosaurs gone by did, because otherwise it means something unfortunate has most likely happened to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Bury me in my birthday suit, or scatter my ashes in the Okanogan Valley so my DNA will mix with all that wine... Drink up!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Burn me and sprinkle my ashes in the ocean at night if you're feeling romantic.
    Or burn me and discard my ashes in the nearest trash receptacle. It's efficient and saves space/time, really.

What do I care, I'm dead. Rituals are for the living, so do as you please with my remains, as you most likely will regardless.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Donation and cremation or some soylent green scenario. Waste not want not.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Im going with all of the above. Thus far, I want as much of myself as possible donated to help others, then cremated, and placed in an urn and buried with a nice traditional headstone. That way, I don't take up much space, and I'm efficient, with a bit of tradition still throughout it. I think that best resembles who I am anyways. I'd like to go visit the people that were close to me when they die. and I'd like a headstone for people to (maybe.. if they want to I guess) come visit me.

Bonus: No chance of me becoming a zombie and eating my loved ones if I'm cremated.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge