User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Conservative? Yes. Nationalist? No. Nationalism is the catalyst that started the first world war.
    Hmm, maybe you're right...

MBTI
    INTP

And you wonder why this drags on. I feel no guilt whatsoever. It's all on you.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think the worst day of my life was when I was 12 and I broke C2 (my axis) in my spine. They kept me in the emergency room for like 16 hours to run a whole bunch of tests. I was out of school for like a month and I had to wear one of those funny little collars. Because of my injury I had to stop playing sports and they started to treat me like a porcelain doll.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    The worst day of my life was when my mom told me that I was smarter than both her and my dad.

I was 15, and that day changed my life.
    I never actually had that day... we all just kind of grew into the realization over time that I was mentally quicker than both my parents, and on my way to becoming more knowledgeable. This would have happened right about the time I was 12.

Though I thought it was very cool at the time, I realize now that it had a terrible effect on me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    I think the worst day of my life was when I was 12 and I broke C2 (my axis) in my spine. They kept me in the emergency room for like 16 hours to run a whole bunch of tests. I was out of school for like a month and I had to wear one of those funny little collars. Because of my injury I had to stop playing sports and they started to treat me like a porcelain doll.
    That sounds terrible. I've never broken a bone, so yeahz0rs.

Oberon

I think for me it was the day I was awakened out of a deep sleep at 2 a.m. by both of my parents having a prolonged drunken argument downstairs over when and how they were going to divorce. Later that day they sat me down and asked me which parent I wanted to live with. I was probably 10.

As it turned out, they didn't split up.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ahh...INFP threads.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Ahh...INFP threads.
    The self-righteous smirk that must be on your face after writing that post is palpable.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Conservative? Yes. Nationalist? No. Nationalism is the catalyst that started the first world war.
    Dave.
    Dave, buddy.
    I told you that I didn't want to hear about this stuff.
    I told you that...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Worst day of my life?

At age 28 I was in a car accident and two of my discs (L3 and L4) were affected (bulging/partial herniation).

As a weightlifter/bodybuilder who had NEVER been injured in the gym/playing field, never had surgery, and never been mamed in any other capacity my whole life something terrible happened - MY MORTALITY WAS CHALLENGED, and CONFIRMED.

For six months I had to do physical rehabilitation and TOTALLY reinvent my daily routine for exercise and just life in general.

It was humiliating. I was in the best shape of my life. I was considering competing that year, but got de-railed.

Since then? I've been blessed with three shoulder operations! Right AND Left shoudler have both had rotator cuff repair, and the left shoulder had a SLAP (superior labrum posterior to anterior) tear repaired (top of biceps tendon at the head of the humerus was detaching).

Each of these three operations warranted isolation of the affected arm AND a TOTAL recovery process. Back to square 1 again; I was benching and curling with 10 pound dumbbells after each of these operations. But, I kept my diet in check, and I bit the bullet, and day by day my strength came back and I got closer to full recovery. Each and every time.

So now, I might be about 85% of where I was 7 years ago, but I am totally healed, no injuries awaiting to express themselves, and actually a better weightlifter as I know how to do more with less weight so as to be able to preserve myself.

It's all about the long haul now. My "glory days" of reckless powerlifting and high impact workouts have taken their toll. I have no regrets, those experiences built my foundation, but if I don't leave them behind they will be my downfall in the here and now, and I'm too smart for that.