User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Road rage

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yes, really badly and I just started driving on my own.

I have a problem with the elderly drivers who drives at least 20 mph below the speed limit, fail to signal on occasion, and really aren't that safe of drivers.

Stoplights irritate me to, as do people who take tremendously slow turns or really aren't paying attention.

I am naturally a pretty fast driver but when I get road rage, you better get off the road, because I'm coming, and I'm coming fast.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Careful there, that's a bit of an assumption. I usually start screaming to vent off the frustration since I am concentrating on the road, and can't have that shit bothering me.

I really think it's a control thing, combined with incredulity. I find myself going "really, really" more than "you're a fucking moron, get off the road" these days.
    No, it's not an assumption. People who can't control their temper while driving will have it affect them, just like people paying attention to other things while driving will affect their attention on driving.

I do think it is a control issue, I agree with that.

I have it, BAD! My poor mama and her bleeding ears when she rides in the car with me.

If people make stupid moves, I will be swearing up a storm at them, but they can't hear, as I'm just 'raging' to myself in my own car. I must say, quite a bit of my comedic gold comes out of my road rage - as commented by friends and families.

But, I do play with other dumbass drivers.

E.g. idiotic young boys who think their balls are too heavy to carry around, going ridiculous speed within city roads, cutting this and that person off, and I see them coming up in my rearview mirror.

And, say, it's only a 2 lane road. I will look over at the other car, smile with a glint in my eyes, nod the head, and it's on.

I'm keeping exact speed with the other car, going head to head, while the speed-blazing fucker behind us, goes left, blocked, goes right, blocked, honks and honks in frustration cuz there is no way to cut either of us off, and *has* to submit to the speed limit.

HA! I amuse myself.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Only towards Pedestrians. Runners and people with strollers are the biggest dicks, ever.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    No, it's not an assumption. People who can't control their temper while driving will have it affect them, just like people paying attention to other things while driving will affect their attention on driving.
    Agree to disagree. I'm not actually concentrating on the offender when I'm pissed, just venting off steam. I'm still locked on the road.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Some dude just went all road rage on me. The traffic patterns changed (for the 500th time on this road - road construction) and I was a little confused as to which way to go. I ended up sort of cutting in front of someone (wasn't an accident waiting to happen, not surprising in the area) He beeped at me and I knew he thought it was cause I was on the cell phone.

He tailed me for a few minutes and when he went on the merge on the freeway lane rolled down his window and was screamed unintelligibly out the window at me as he merged.

I totally saw it coming a mile away and it entertained me. He thought that screaming out the window while on the freeway entrance was safe? People who feel justified in road rage crack me up, because they are obviously not thinking about the road while railing about someone else.
    See, I'd never do something like this. I do get enraged by apparently unsafe or dumb driving. Like when the guy does 15 MPH on the on-ramp. How am I supposed to properly merge when the guy ahead of me is in his own world, creating a terrible situation?

Or when someone straddles two lanes in indecision, takes too long to change lanes, sits in tractor trailer blind spots, goes 60 in the passing lane, all these things set me off, simply because people don't know what the hell they're doing.

I'd never go out of my way to berate someone though, because as you said, it becomes the very behavior they hate. I mainly just yell obsenities to nobody in particular.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get major road rage. I even get road rage while I'm on a bike. Especially now with the advent of the cellphone and the all-glorious texting feature, I'm considering carrying ball-bearings around to physically retaliate against the stupidity that I encounter.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFJ

Jock, you reminded me of something.

1 min into the clip, keep an eye on the left hand side to the time its taken.

YouTube - Women Drivers Compilation (
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

If it's really hot weather, and I almost get hit or someone tailgates me, I tend to feel more inclined to stick up my middle finger... but, I don't, try not to. That's NOT to say that I'm not a backseat driver. I sometimes road rage for people I care for.. just on the passenger side with the windows up.

Hot weather can really increase the chances of road rage, and that is something I try to avoid, especially nowadays when it's hot almost 24/7. If I can prevent further consequences, I choose the latter. ;P

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Jock, you reminded me of something.

1 min into the clip, keep an eye on the left hand side to the time its taken.

YouTube - Women Drivers Compilation (
    LOL!

This is exactly what it was like.

EDIT: Except, instead of being nice and helping her un park, I verbally abused her until she crashed into the car in front her so I could drive around.