User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I tended to pick classes that had 15-25 students and a heavy emphasis on class discussion. It would have defeated the purpose for me to skip many of those. But I did skip here and there for the large lecture courses when I could get the notes from someone else. I didn't do that much, though, because I'm an auditory learner and it "sticks" better if I hear it and read it, than if I only read it.
    I love my classes that are mostly discussion. Luckily, I've been here for three years and I've had one class like that.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I tended to pick classes that had 15-25 students and a heavy emphasis on class discussion. It would have defeated the purpose for me to skip many of those. But I did skip here and there for the large lecture courses when I could get the notes from someone else. I didn't do that much, though, because I'm an auditory learner and it "sticks" better if I hear it and read it, than if I only read it.
    Yeah. What she said. During undergrad I would skip my huge lecture classes occasionally if I had something better/more important to do or if I was really tired, but for the most part I went. I took freshman sociology my senior year...and that was probably my most-skipped class. The class was like 200 people, and I felt like I was surrounded by children who spent most of the class time facebooking on their laptops or sending text messages...plus, the material we were discussing could be considered common sense.

Now that I'm in graduate school I am terrified to skip a class. Each one is 3 hrs. long so there is a lot of material to miss out on. Plus, I think my largest class is has like 30 people in it. There is way too much discussion to miss out on.