User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Lady Pinkington - You mean they have pocket-sized ENTPs? How much more convenient! Are they located along with the travel products like mini-deodorants and toothpastes?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I sure hate it when someone can't write properly.
    Since this isn't my native language, i'm not the greatest grammar nazi around, but I still get plenty annoyed when some goddamn redneck or lowlife can't write in their own bloody language.
    I shouldn't even mention just how much of a grammar and spelling nazi I am when it comes to the Swedish language...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I sure hate it when someone can't write properly.
    Since this isn't my native language, i'm not the greatest grammar nazi around, but I still get plenty annoyed when some goddamn redneck or lowlife can't write in their own bloody language.
    I shouldn't even mention just how much of a grammar and spelling nazi I am when it comes to the Swedish language...
    But surely Jesus is forgiving.. right? or was all that forgiveness jib jab all a lie!?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I find the dictionary oppressive. I mean really- I didn't get to vote on how things were spelled- they're not the boss of me and I can make up my own words or definitions to words,lol.

Mispelling and grammar errors don't bother me. Perhaps because I myself am a very "you have to go by the spirit of what I am saying and not the letter" type person.

Perhaps it is the intense F-ness, as long as I can feel out the meaning and idea I don't care about the presentation so much.
    After reading this post I consider you completely phraginastic.

How does that feel?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I find the dictionary oppressive. I mean really- I didn't get to vote on how things were spelled- they're not the boss of me and I can make up my own words or definitions to words,lol.

Mispelling and grammar errors don't bother me. Perhaps because I myself am a very "you have to go by the spirit of what I am saying and not the letter" type person.

Perhaps it is the intense F-ness, as long as I can feel out the meaning and idea I don't care about the presentation so much.
    I agree totally.

And to the general public arguing, I think that if you really do understand what somebody is saying, and you still bother to nitpick at grammatical issues, than you probably have a little too much time on your hands and really care too much about these tiny little problems. Taking time to post your corrections and complaints is useless and a waste of time and makes you look like a pretentious jerk.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Phantonym

I do notice spelling and grammar errors by others and I try to use correct language myself. But I don't always notice them right away unless they just pop out of the text. I hardly ever point it out to people unless the message they're trying to convey cannot be understood very well. And I take into consideration the possible reasons why people might make such mistakes - maybe they're not native speakers, maybe they just didn't notice making the mistakes because they were tired or otherwise distracted.

I do try to edit my texts rigorously but sometimes I only notice something afterwards and feel embarrassed by it. I like to play with words but I'm not a native speaker of English, I try to make myself understood by choosing the correct word to convey the exact meaning but I might not even notice the subtle nuances of words and this could cause misunderstandings and I fully take the blame. This has nothing to do with laziness or inconsideration.

I almost never use the text and instant message shortcuts. I understand them but they frustrate me more than occasional spelling and grammar mistakes I might notice in long texts.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Yes, I do this as well. I might be more lenient in English but I do react more actively when I notice the errors in my native language.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Einstein couldn't spell well, and his native language was phonetic.

There are more important thigs, like content.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post

Amen.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I don't know if this is related to type, but frequent, consistent spelling errors and misuse of grammar really bothers me.

I understand the texting and email shortcuts, but when it occurs in a more professional or formal environment, it drives me nuts. And the closer you are to me in terms of relationships, the nuttier it makes me feel!

How do others view it?
    Seems like an IJ thing to me, possibly I_TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post

And imagination.