User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Fixed that for you. It was really bothering me.

The worst is when it goes against you!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm not perfect by any means, even in English, but I try because it's so important for me to be understood and to communicate well.
    Exactly. And while you can sometimes be understood with terrible spelling, you may unwittingly help someone understand you in a way you didn't intend to communicate.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm not necessarily proud of it, but it really bothers me. I make assumptions about the other person's intelligence unless I know that they are not a native speaker. I know this is presumptuous. That said, I think the people who admit that their writing is riddled with errors and get indignant at suggestions that they improve are guilty of a worse crime than I am.
    Same here- I'm not looking down on them. I just think that some people don't care how they appear at times when appearances are most critical, such as at work.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I will notice when people are drastically out of form and I will ask myself why they may be out of form, but most of the time I don't come up with any answer that's particularly offending to me so ultimately it doesn't bother me. What matters more to me is if I can get what they are trying to convey. Which doesn't even always happen with people who use perfect spelling and grammar.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I know a couple of grammar nazi's. They're hilarious! They get all riled up over words and letters on a page. It's funny. They never offend me when/if they correct me, I appreciate it, but it is tempting to mess with them deliberately and especially to catch them making a spelling or grammar mistake.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm not necessarily proud of it, but it really bothers me. I make assumptions about the other person's intelligence unless I know that they are not a native speaker. I know this is presumptuous. That said, I think the people who admit that their writing is riddled with errors and get indignant at suggestions that they improve are guilty of a worse crime than I am.
    Almost every post i write, i use spell check. Just because i hope some grammar Nazi won't pull me up on it. I have a thicker skin now.

I am well aware of my deficiencies, should it be a crime that i admit it.
    I pay attention to what i write, but i am not perfect and have never pretended to be.
    This is your view and i respect it. I also have enough respect for myself to ignore your views.

I have just finished a H&S course, we also had to take a literacy exam as well as there are currently 7.2 Million people in the UK who can not read and write properly. Yet these people work in all sorts of fields and excel in their areas.
    I think it would be an awful shame for these people to want to better themselves (in whatever means they find of interest) yet get ridiculed by grammar Nazi, for their inadequacies.
    What very sad people you are.

In the grand scheme of things, is it really that important.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Frequent neglect of grammar and spelling is rather annoying.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It depends. Here or on other forums, I can overlook it for the most part, especially when English isn't a posters' first language. In a professional setting, it's really hard to take the person as seriously as they should be taken. If I can understand what the person is saying and can decipher their writing the majority of the time, fine.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

What I really hate is when people ignore capital letters and punctuation marks. To me, they are the most important things when it comes to readability of a text. I can do with missing articles and deformated words, but lack of capitals and punctuation marks really makes the text real messy.

And paragraphs people! That's the second most important thing! Any paragraph with more than 6 lines or so is a total chaos. It will wear down the reader, it will add way too much weight on the text and it becomes so hard to comprehend.

Did I already mention my dislike of numbers used as letters/words? U2 M8! That's dreadful.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

hOnestli , I dont think that spellng and grammer issues are relly a big deal around here if you undrstand what the person is tryin to say then grammer shouldnt really make a diffarence eether way. No what I mean/

But it's understandable that some people are sticklers for such details. We're all different.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?