User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I argee. As lnog as yuor mnid can decihepr the cnotxet of waht is bieng siad, waht's the porlbem?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I argee. As lnog as yuor mnid can decihepr the cnotxet of waht is bieng siad, waht's the porlbem?

Hppf [pomy.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    IsTP

Other people's incorrect grammar and spelling doesn't bother me, though I try myself to be correct at all times. But I don't hold people to my own standards and truthfully when somebody detours the conversation over some silly spelling/grammatical mistake it annoys the hell out of me. It strikes me as being ultra-pedantic.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I found that very interesting! I can read it about as fast as I read normal text.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think some people are just more sensitive to the speed at which they are reading and how annoying it is to read something misspelled.

I'vetesteditwithnospacesagainstacoupleofISTXsandst ufftheycomplainedaboutmewritinglikethis
    ,Ididn't,IthoughtthatmaybeIwasbetteratglisteningov erwriting,butitseemsasiftheydotheysame,
    andhavethesameabilitylevel,it'sjusttheygetfarmorea nnoyed.

But that is a different thing than what Saslou posted
    5 3 9

MBTI
    infp

I think language is so changeable that it's silly to get riled up over mistakes that could easily be the signs of a new emerging language.

Who makes the rules for what is acceptable grammar?

I mean as long as you can understand what is being said, I just really don't see the big deal.

If I add a full stop to what I am writing, it won't really match the way I would say it, because I can talk at a very fast speed without taking a breath, and yet no one calls me up on that and tells me to break my verbal sentences up, or slow down, or take a breath lol.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have to agree with the OP, some people just will never master the english language
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I'm not necessarily proud of it, but it really bothers me. I make assumptions about the other person's intelligence unless I know that they are not a native speaker. I know this is presumptuous. That said, I think the people who admit that their writing is riddled with errors and get indignant at suggestions that they improve are guilty of a worse crime than I am.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I used to date a brilliant mechanical engineer who would hand write me these long love letters that were written in chicken scratch, with bad grammar and atrocious spelling. It was hard for me to take these letters as seriously as he intended them to be. I felt embarrassed for him although I shouldn't have, because he obviously didn't care. But I did.

I'm not a nitpicker by nature. I think the issue for me is precision. I speak a few languages, and in each one I take the same care that I do with English. I'm not perfect by any means, even in English, but I try because it's so important for me to be understood and to communicate well.