123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default Random Quirks and Function Type

So here's a random idea I had for a thread that I thought I'd go ahead and share:

You know those random quirks you have? Can they actually be related to a function, preference type, or are they an object of your own unique personality and experiences? Here's a few examples [Disclaimer: This is going to be all over the place.]...

-I'm extremely paranoid about food expiration dates and I have no idea why. I can't think of anything that might have influenced this. I always go through people's fridges and throw stuff out for them that's like a year expired. I guess it could be my Se. I'm zeroing in on relevant sensory information.

-I am the opposite of a pack rat. I throw out -everything-. I take one look at things and think "Am I ever gonna use this again...? Eh.. probably not." and chuck it. Then I sometimes regret it later. I'm definitely a minimalist. I think this is due to the same thing as the previous example.

-I hyper focus on a new video game I enjoy and will be downright addicted to it until I beat it. This applies to puzzles to. And math problems. And the list continues. Maybe a Ti dominant thing?

-I love making up costumes. Themed parties, halloween, you name it... it's a blast. I like putting random things I have together and churning out fun ideas. It's a combination of resourcefulness and having a vision... Se + Ni?

[I am now giving up explaining due to A.D.D.ness and am just going to list other weird quirks....which reminds me of another weird quirk: short attention span]

-I dream almost every night... and they are weird

-I have a pretty bad sense of direction.

-I have a curiosity that is almost overwhelming... When I want to know something, I -have- to know.... and I will

-As much as I love animals, I can't have a pet that won't tell me when it's hungry. Fish and other animals don't have a chance under my ownership. This includes plants.

Anyways, this is a chance to tell everyone a little bit more about yourself (and your weirdness)... in addition to trying to type random quirks. Hopefully I'm not the only one that would get entertainment out of this And relate it however way you want... if you want to use functions or type preferences, go for it. I'd find all of it interesting

MBTI
    IsTP

I can directly relate me talking to myself to Ti. As I sit and think I become disconnected with reality, my lips begin to move to my thoughts, and pretty soon I'm whispering beneath my breath.

Also when I get excited over something I vigorously rub my hands together. Its so automatic I don't realize whats going on until somebody points it out. Along the same lines when I'm less excited I'll rub my fingertips into palm. It's weird, and I couldn't tell you if it were related to any function.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENFP

- I have really bad hypochondria... Like so bad that I convinced myself once that I had caught bird flu from a take away
    - Sometimes I zone in to two random voices in my head hence I can't stand clocks with loud ticks
    - I can't really have one drink ... and I don't really get having a glass of wine with food business. Alcohol was created to be abused
    - Sometimes I zone out especially if I am surrounded by people like in a shopping mall or club... I feel almost like I've taken something and am on a different planet
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am not sure of my quirks.

I do get very competitive with puzzle games. Every week i will go onto facebook just to get the top score on Bejeweled 2 even if i have to obsess over it for an hour or so.

I am funny about dates on the fridge food and am always checking.
    I keep the tags from the bread, then lose them so i just throw the bread out. Just incase.

Oh, the toilet roll, the sheet has to go round the back when going on the holder. Someone did it recently the wrong way round and something just went off in my head.

I can't sleep without socks on. My sleep socks are sooo cute.

I always talk out loud to myself.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    xxxx

I'll second the "Ti-dom = video game addiction."
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTJ

- I am entertained quite thoroughly by watching the planes come in to land (if Im out on my back porch I have a great view of the flightpath) and by noticing how the flightpaths change depending on weather, wind etc. Also, who knew airplanes had headlights?! I can engage in this activity for a long time, just daydreaming and watching...

- video games, yep

- sentimentality - I can and will cry at the drop of a hat, even over stupid stuff like bad movies or TV commercials. I have never witnessed a wedding (even a fake one on TV) that hasn't made me snivel.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have extremely detailed, surreal, narrative dreams. Such that, when I tell you about the dream, you might get confused and think I'm telling you about a movie/show I saw or a story I read. I remember them almost every night. Sometimes, I think I have a double life between sleep and waking, but when faced with deciding which is "waking", I panic a little bit.

In a game, when faced with a new area, I have to explore every corner of it before I go and get down to the business of my mission/quest. (Good news is this means I usually know and remember where everything is when other people ask me for help.)

I sometimes refuse to carry an umbrella when it's raining in an attempt to show the weather who's boss (regardless of whether or not this action is logical, I do it anyway).

I hang on to the foil wrappers sticks of gum come in so I can spit my gum into them later. Most of the time I forget the wrappers are in my pockets so I end up with lots empty torn bits of foil that come out in the wash.

I keep a notepad or loose sheets in front of my computer and take notes on everything I think of. By the end of a month, I looks like I'm scribbling some kind of inane jibberish.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Let's see...

I allow empty cola cans to pile up on the table next to me until I run out of room, and then take all the cans in one or two trips. This saves me a lot of smaller trips, but it annoys some people.

Sometimes I sit across from my computer on the couch, and use my toe to scroll down the page with the arrow key.

I have this weird tendency to chew off or pick away any excess/uneven skin that comes up around my fingernails. This makes the skin there look like it has a good shape (if a just little bit reddish) when dry, but it looks oddly damaged when wet.

I have to maintain conscious control over my feet when I sit down in public, because otherwise I'll find myself slipping my shoes off. Sometimes I had to sit through an entire class writing fake notes/pretending to pay attention while maintaining conscious awareness of my feet, because I knew I'd get in trouble if my shoes came off, but I knew that if I stopped focusing on my feet, there was a chance they might.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I am the opposite of a pack rat. I throw out -everything-. I take one look at things and think "Am I ever gonna use this again...? Eh.. probably not." and chuck it. Then I sometimes regret it later. I'm definitely a minimalist. I think this is due to the same thing as the previous example.
    Same!! I often throw out things that I realize I needed. Like, I didn't use that thing I threw out for the last year but two days after I throw it out...yup. I'll need it.

-I have a pretty bad sense of direction.
    Guilty.

I brush my teeth in the shower.

Every time I climb stairs I count each one. I do this automatically. I don't even notice until I'm halfway up the flight.

I fidget. A lot! (unless I'm alone). I have a lot of untapped energy and most of the time it's dormant but I guess it comes out this way.

I have this slight obsession with things that are smaller than they should be or larger than they should be. For example:

I fucking this kind of stuff! I have no idea why it's so appealing to me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Same!! I often throw out things that I realize I needed. Like, I didn't use that thing I threw out for the last year but two days after I throw it out...yup. I'll need it.

Guilty.

I brush my teeth in the shower.

Every time I climb stairs I count each one. I do this automatically. I don't even notice until I'm halfway up the flight.

I fidget. A lot! (unless I'm alone). I have a lot of untapped energy and most of the time it's dormant but I guess it comes out this way.

I have this slight obsession with things that are smaller than they should be or larger than they should be. For example:

I fucking this kind of stuff! I have no idea why it's so appealing to me.
    I second that one
    Somehow it's just so fascinating like those believe it or not museums.
    Just love when something is not normal haha. Like this chair is bigger then it should be and this is the tiniest....

Funny Town is a big collection of Funny video,funny town names,caricatures, funny pictures,caricature, wallpaper,animals picture
    hehe
    World's Smallest. couple different ones in here . world smallest pancake oh jeez lol well if your on a diet or something but still want to enjoy a pancake try to see if you taste it despite how tiny it is xD.

Andrea Harner: World's Smallest Pancake there it is closer up haha.

When i was a kid what would entertain me was to drawn big heads on little body's or big body's and these very teeny tiny heads. I would seriously start laughing at it.

Also my sister had this thing about being "even" so whenever you would walk past her you would have to walk to a certain side or else she would literally stop you and move you xD. I as a kid would mess with her trying to go the opposite way just to mess with her haha .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)