User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I sometimes refuse to carry an umbrella when it's raining in an attempt to show the weather who's boss (regardless of whether or not this action is logical, I do it anyway).
    Haha. You show them!

I never carry an umbrella myself, and in fact I often go out just because it is raining, even though I have nowhere to go. I just love the rain, everything about it. I won't get too much into it, but I can tie it down directly to my Fi.
    The fact that there are less people out when it's raining helps too of course.

I generally, for some reason, enjoy doing things that are considered unusual, distancing myself from the world that way, makes me feel more a part of it on some other level. Like estranged from people and society, but in tune with the world itself. I'll name some more random activities.

Sitting on a park bench alone at night.

Drinking cups of black coffee in the night to purposefully mess up my sleep.

Staying up all night, just thinking, nothing else.

Sitting alone in a pub, drawing or writing something.

Showering in dark.

Walking in the city, imagining I'm someone else, somewhere else. Changing the way I think and what I think about in accordance.

Leaving little drawings or pieces of writing around the city.

Most of it is Fi, perhaps some Ne mixed in here and there.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Let's see...

I allow empty cola cans to pile up on the table next to me until I run out of room, and then take all the cans in one or two trips. This saves me a lot of smaller trips, but it annoys some people.
    I do that too. I think my record so far for number of soda cans and water bottles on my desk all at once is 15. At about that point, I just keep knocking them over and it annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I have this slight obsession with things that are smaller than they should be or larger than they should be. For example:

I fucking this kind of stuff! I have no idea why it's so appealing to me.
    I had this same obsession as a child. Even now, when I see something "dollhouse-sized" (like those tiny perfume tubes, those Tabasco bottles, unreasonably small flower pots, heaven forbid...bonsai trees), I have a compulsion to collect it.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'll second the "Ti-dom = video game addiction."
    Eh........ third-ed.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I tend to like to argue on anything just for fun. It's more of a thing for me to feel that I'm able to prove otherwise on anything. If people agree with me and I win I change sides to continue the argument.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Willfrey: I don't rub my hands together or anything, but when I get excited I get jittery and almost lose the ability to talk clearly. I think it's a Ti dominant thing again. When we get started on something that excites us, we just lose all control of our bodies. Hahah. Sometimes people mistake me for being nervous.

Wild Horses: You mean "" instead of "" right? Kiddiingg.. My ENFP sister does the same thing. But unfortunately y'alls functions are foreign to me, so I have no idea as to why y'all do that .... I know an ENTP that does that too... so maybe Ne dominant is somehow related??

Saslou: My SFJ mom gets really competitive over games too! When she learns new games she likes, she is endlessly challenging people... it's adorable. And yay.. I'm not the only one paranoid about food.

Kyrielle: I'm beginning to think INFJs are my alter-ego. We have all the same four primary functions, just in a very different order. Crazy dreams, check. Exploring games fully, check. I don't carry an umbrella not because I'm challenging the weather, but because I want people to feel silly for being such pansies in the rain (Never works, of course...). Keeping foil for gum and taking notes everywhere, check and check.

MDP2525: Yay for Ti-dom not being pack rats. It's so much less stressful... And it beats organizing crap I don't really need.

The Outsider: Yeah, definitely sounds like Fi dominant a lot in there. I find that especially interesting since Fi is my last function

Matthew Z & The Decline: Ti + video games = ... see ya next week.

Ragingkatsuki: Yep... sounds like my INTJ brother. Whenever we get in arguments, I eventually give up because I realize I don't care and just say "Eh.. whatever you wanna believe. Seems like we're not gonna see it the same way." And he bluntly replies: "What?? No! We're not ending this until you see I'm right." Definitely Te as a 2nd function
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Showering in dark.
    Oooh, I've done this. Sort of like sensory deprivation a little bit. I like.

Leaving little drawings or pieces of writing around the city.
    Ha! I would love to find someone's random writing or drawing. I wish more people would do this. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I had this same obsession as a child. Even now, when I see something "dollhouse-sized" (like those tiny perfume tubes, those Tabasco bottles, unreasonably small flower pots, heaven forbid...bonsai trees), I have a compulsion to collect it.
    I don't have a compulsion to collect (see previous post for non-pack rat behavior ) but I have to touch it or handle it. If I can use it - even better!

Oh. Thought of another one. I really like destroying stuff that I don't need. For instance, when my old, piece of crap car didn't work any longer, I planned on taking it to a dump and my friends and I would all take baseball bats to it. There's something really satisfying about smashing or breaking stuff. However, I never break stuff when I'm angry...only happy!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I don't have a compulsion to collect (see previous post for non-pack rat behavior ) but I have to touch it or handle it. If I can use it - even better!

Oh. Thought of another one. I really like destroying stuff that I don't need. For instance, when my old, piece of crap car didn't work any longer, I planned on taking it to a dump and my friends and I would all take baseball bats to it. There's something really satisfying about smashing or breaking stuff. However, I never break stuff when I'm angry...only happy!
    Sounds like your inner Sensor! Speaking of breaking stuff, I have a bad habit of doing that growing up. I was a little destructive. I just like taking things apart... Definitely the Ti in me, but I never usually tried to put it back together. Unless I was bored.

Also... when drunk, I suddenly think I'm 10x bigger than I really am and start beating up on people. Does anyone else do this?! Why do I get so violent?? It's not even out of anger, just out of playfulness. They'll tease me, and I'll jack them in the kidneys. I pick and choose who I punch though... only people that wouldn't take it the wrong way and that I'm comfortable with. And I've convinced myself that, well, hell.... I'm a small girl, and they're big guys... so if they complain, then they're pussies.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I often hum things under my breath, even in public. I have special hums for all sorts of occasions; for example, when I see an attractive person and know very well that I don't have a chance, I hum in a way that resembles a string of sighs.

When I'm upset with someone and by myself, I pretend I'm giving them an angry, self-righteous lecture. This includes pacing back and forth and gesticulating wildly.

When I'm at the store with someone and have nothing to do, I alternate between spacing out and tapping, examining, etc., random objects.

Every time I take a shower, I divide my time between pretending that I'm talking to someone and sobbing dramatically while I pound the walls until I burst out laughing at how ludicrous it is.

When I go grocery shopping, I become absorbed by a spiritual feeling; it's as if I'm floating around in a dreamy haze of magic. Sometimes while I'm browsing the shelves, I'll hear a soft noise, like a cart getting pushed along, and that becomes the first few notes of a mystic song that plays in my head, heightening the whole experience.

Also while grocery shopping, I walk up the frozen food aisle very slowly, pretending that I'm checking the food in the freezers when what I'm really doing is checking my reflection to make sure I look all right. I do this repeatedly.

So, lots N and F when it comes to my quirks. Hardly a surprise, given my Type.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I often hum things under my breath, even in public. I have special hums for all sorts of occasions; for example, when I see an attractive person and know very well that I don't have a chance, I hum in a way that resembles a string of sighs.

When I'm upset with someone and by myself, I pretend I'm giving them an angry, self-righteous lecture. This includes pacing back and forth and gesticulating wildly.

When I'm at the store with someone and have nothing to do, I alternate between spacing out and tapping, examining, etc., random objects.

Every time I take a shower, I divide my time between pretending that I'm talking to someone and sobbing dramatically while I pound the walls until I burst out laughing at how ludicrous it is.

When I go grocery shopping, I become absorbed by a spiritual feeling; it's as if I'm floating around in a dreamy haze of magic. Sometimes while I'm browsing the shelves, I'll hear a soft noise, like a cart getting pushed along, and that becomes the first few notes of a mystic song that plays in my head, heightening the whole experience.

Also while grocery shopping, I walk up the frozen food aisle very slowly, pretending that I'm checking the food in the freezers when what I'm really doing is checking my reflection to make sure I look all right. I do this repeatedly.

So, lots N and F when it comes to my quirks. Hardly a surprise, given my Type.
    Wow... Very interesting. Your quite unique. I'd love to meet more people like you.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm I was just blogging about this kind of stuff,lol.
    I'll share what I wrote and see if I can't add some more.

I don't know why- but somehow I always manage to put my undies on backwards everyday. It is annoying.

I like singing Mandy by Barry Manilow in the shower and change the words to food I am in the mood for that day- Oh Coconut Chicken, your tasty and so finger lickin- I could eat you all day oh Coconut Chicken, was today's.

I like to double check the locks on all the doors and make sure I am somwehat safe from home invaders and think about what I would do in a home invasion situation. Then fantasize about making booby traps and escape passages in the house.

I like to look at all my stickers and refile them according to sparkliness.

I like to get lemon wedges and sauces on the side and make sure I know the name of my server. I always have to have an assortment of sauces when I eat and am a very slow eater.

I wake up some days all of a sudden in love with a new activity. One day I woke up and decided that I was going to make my own fondant icing and learn how to make fancy cakes. It always seem out of nowhere and I become obsessed with it and then go onto to something else the moment I feel good at it.

I like to re-read love notes hubby has given me and that I have given him.

I plan for everything. I am making out plans for my funeral right now-not literally right now but here and there these days.You know, things I would like done- writing letters to everyone close to me just in case I die before getting to say goodbye and so that they and I can have a sense of closure- writing a speech for my funeral service so that I can have the last word and have some feeling of being understood. What oufit I would like to be wearing.

Then fantasize about faking my own death to see what people really thought of me,lol. Then just fantasize what would happen and be said at my funeral and wonder what people will say and what the afterlife is like.

I think a lot of these things are Ni related or Ni manifested. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ladypinkington; 08-07-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables