User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Irish, German, and probably a bunch of other things. If I were a dog, I'd be a mutt.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Do you know anything about your family's history? A family going that far back in the US probably has some seriously interesting people/happenings in its past.
    We've got a bunch of happenings and famous people, but no one that's done anything interesting in the past 50 years. Well, and class and nationality were both far more prominent than they should have been in my hometown, so I feel extremely hesitant about sharing the exact pedigree-- nothing personal, of course.

MBTI
    INTP

100 percent Kenyan as far as I can tell. I was born in Kenya as were all my siblings, and a large majority of my extended family. I have a decent amount of of family who have since moved to England and Canada, however. So culturally I guess you could say they have inhabited those respective tendencies.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Welsh, English, Scots & possibly Irish; here since early 1700s. On the other side, Hispanic (maybe even Basque via southwest texas) since mid-1500s and Native American. I consider myself truly American and do not consider myself to have any other ethnic identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    GONE

I am descended from Mongolian invaders.* I come from a sturdy stock.

*And when I say "Mongolian invaders", I mean Genghis Khan.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I am descended from Mongolian invaders. I come from a sturdy stock.
    Hubba hubba.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hubba hubba.
    :flexes bulging biceps:

Yep, I'm just chillin'

LOL.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    100 percent Kenyan as far as I can tell. I was born in Kenya as were all my siblings, and a large majority of my extended family. I have a decent amount of of family who have since moved to England and Canada, however. So culturally I guess you could say they have inhabited those respective tendencies.

Are you sure you weren't born in Hawaii and then switched immediately?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

The only thing that makes any sense is to have your genetic code read. Then you will discover that you only have to go back a few generations to find a large mixture of genes from all over the world.

The genetic fact is that we are all part of the same gene pool that has been mixed and mixed and mixed again, to get you.

To talk about race in this naive way is like talking about personality in terms of MBTI.

Both are naive, gullible and popular.

And to be that naive, gullible and popular is a little dangerous. For to talk about 'race' without mentioning genetics lays the groundwork for racism. And to talk about personality and MBTI without mentioning that you can actually have your personality measured with a valid and reliable personality test by a qualified psychometrician, leads to the cult of personality.

However if you take MBTI and 'race' to be on the same level as astrology, then it becomes a conversational piece, suitable for a bar or a chat forum.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

^Believe it or not there is a lot of racism still going on.. and plenty of it where I am.. has been towards me.

To me, my race is what makes me who I am because I have pride in the race that I've grown up in, I enjoy my traditions. But I also enjoy people of all races and I am open to them even if they ain't towards me.

But to say that it doesn't make ME who I am would be lying. People can pick and choose who they are, who they want to be.. and if that's how they want to be seen.. no one needs to follow a set plan.
    But for me no matter what my looks and my skin color will always group me in a group to (some) people.. so why not be proud of the group I'm placed in while I'm there.. the sad truth is that there are still people out there who haven't over came the racial grouping and barriers.