User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    What I hate is when ENTPs reveal their feelings and then, in self-protection, claim it was their thoughts they revealed.
    Miscommunication. Saying it's just our feelings is saying that it's completely illogical. That's an insult.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's just a tactic to throw you off in an argument. Designed to make you self concious, just ignore it and move on to the next point.
    Not always. Sometimes people are just ridiculous when they argue. They get really emotional about what appears to be nothing. They just can't handle a disagreement. And for the person who is trying to work through the discussion, this is a huge annoyance. I think it can be an attempt at getting back on topic .... its just an attempt that doesn't often work.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Emotions are valid in interpersonal interactions. That doesn't always mean that you're going to be in harmony though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Like for me sometimes it feels like this:

Me: 2+2=4.
    Them: No!!!!! 2+2=5!
    Me: Actually, let me tell you why I think it equals 4.
    Them: It equals 5!!!! (cries)
    Me: Well look at it this way. 1+1 equals 2...so 2+2 is like 1+1+1+1....
    Them: THAT MAKES NO SENSE YOU ARE A JERK!!!!
    Me: CALM DOWN!

Sometimes I feel like that's how some arguments go with some people. Its just like a lame attempt at getting them back to reality.

It seems like you're having a simplified black and white argument and this person is like all over the place and you just want to get them to listen and understand!!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    what I hate is when I reveal my Thoughts, and people take as my Feelings.

tho, I dunno why I said that when I'm barely aware of what my Feelings are anyways... though Fe's been artificially grown at the expense of... everything...

my advice to T types: don't make artificial efforts to expand your Fe! I know it's tempting and I did it successfully, but it's screwed me up! stay true to yourselves and weather the beatings, take it from one who knows, it's better that way!
    I'm beginning to think that Fe doesn't necessarily exist in xNTPs - that it's just an application of NeTi to the logic of maintaining good interpersonal relationships. That's why it's more "take a walk in someone else's shoes" than out-and-out responding to social stimuli. It's still fitting it into the context of a pattern - that of human interactions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I agree that people use this phrase to dismiss your entire viewpoint as just being "emotion", whether it was or not, and as if emotions are invalid and trivial anyway.

I think if a Fi-dom is "getting emotional" then you're actually getting somewhere with them and should be glad. If they remain very stoic, you're probably not making much of an impression. I know if I have zero emotional reaction (positive or negative), then it's probably because I don't care much and don't value what you have to say.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Uh oh.... looks like it's 'excuse time' again...!
    :

It's just a tactic to throw you off in an argument. Designed to make you self concious, just ignore it and move on to the next point.
    yes, that's exactly what it is, good point ( at you, Wyst)

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    So is that basically the sum of it? If both parties don't have some degree of maturity, communication is impossible? My Ne is trying to figure out an option C here...
    Yes, that's the sum of it. Have you ever tried to have a rational conversation with a 4 year old? Same principle. If someone is not mentally mature, no use in beating them over the head. Might as well just pat them on it and say "let's agree to disagree". This goes for whether someone is "too emotional" or if someone is "too obtuse". Logic takes no sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Everyone knows xNTPs don't have emotions.
    Of course we have emotions... How funny is it if I say that everyone knows that xNFPs don't have thoughts? Touché, right? hahahaha...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh, good point on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think if a Fi-dom is "getting emotional" then you're actually getting somewhere with them and should be glad. If they remain very stoic, you're probably not making much of an impression. I know if I have zero emotional reaction (positive or negative), then it's probably because I don't care much and don't value what you have to say.
    I hadn't thought of that, but you are onto something. If I'm not a bit emotional, that means my Te shield is in full effect.

Of course, does this mean that an INFP loses objectivity and usefulness the second we start to care about something? The second we care about a "T", does our ability to communicate with them diminish?

MBTI
    INTP

Women love it when you tell them how they should feel. Right ladies?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    xNFPs don't have thoughts
    You know too much.