User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My favorite dismissive line I use during heated argument...

"Are you going to throw a tantrum now? Oh great.."

That has NEVER worked!

Nobody try that.
    Lol. If my sister and I get into an argument and she gets riled up- telling her to "calm down" is the one thing to do if you want to make her even angrier...
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I see what you're saying, but this isn't necessarily the case when you speak T language. Getting emotional only leads to personal needs being addressed, rather than combating the overall stimulus. It's palliative care when we want curative care.
    I'm with you on the T language front. This site has really helped be better understand what type of things people notice and don't notice. Being someone that is very insightful in the realm of emotions but struggles to stay objective, I'm actually very glad not everyone sees the world as I do.

However, addressing personal needs doesn't always take you away from finding the "cure". Oftentimes it's a necessary step in finding the cure, especially when it comes to personal relationships or decisions requiring a consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And if someone wants to dismiss my thoughts, I can easily dismiss their feelings.
    Best quote in the thread. (Besides some of Noah's jokes.) Just remember that it works both ways, and if feelings are dismissed it's easy to justify dismissing thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I've said such things and worse. BAD IDEA. Trying to shame someone out of their anger problem is a no no.
    In all honesty, no. If someone is to a point where they are literally about to have a tantrum, then it's very likely any negative comment at all towards them will only make it worse.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Best quote in the thread. (Besides some of Noah's jokes.) Just remember that it works both ways, and if feelings are dismissed it's easy to justify dismissing thoughts.
    Lol, but the thing is, I may acknowledge feelings but the recipient may not feel that I am not acknowledging them enough or in the right way. I just think some conversations can do well if you keep your emotions in check. And some are of an emotional nature and they can't be avoided. Maturity lies in being able to recognize the difference between the two.

MBTI
    ENTP

what I hate is when I reveal my Thoughts, and people take as my Feelings.

tho, I dunno why I said that when I'm barely aware of what my Feelings are anyways... though Fe's been artificially grown at the expense of... everything...

my advice to T types: don't make artificial efforts to expand your Fe! I know it's tempting and I did it successfully, but it's screwed me up! stay true to yourselves and weather the beatings, take it from one who knows, it's better that way!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

tho, I dunno why I said that when I'm barely aware of what my Feelings are anyways... though Fe's been artificially grown at the expense of... everything...

my advice to T types: don't make artificial efforts to expand your Fe! I know it's tempting and I did it successfully, but it's screwed me up! stay true to yourselves and weather the beatings, take it from one who knows, it's better that way!
    +10000, you speak the truth!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

+10000, you speak the truth!!!
    What I hate is when ENTPs reveal their feelings and then, in self-protection, claim it was their thoughts they revealed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    What I hate is when ENTPs reveal their feelings and then, in self-protection, claim it was their thoughts they revealed.
    nice try.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Lol, but the thing is, I may acknowledge feelings but the recipient may not feel that I am not acknowledging them enough or in the right way. I just think some conversations can do well if you keep your emotions in check. And some are of an emotional nature and they can't be avoided. Maturity lies in being able to recognize the difference between the two.
    So is that basically the sum of it? If both parties don't have some degree of maturity, communication is impossible? My Ne is trying to figure out an option C here...

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Hmm... this is quite possibly what happened when I've noticed ENTPs being called emotional.

Everyone knows xNTPs don't have emotions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

nice try.
    Uh oh.... looks like it's 'excuse time' again...!

It's just a tactic to throw you off in an argument. Designed to make you self concious, just ignore it and move on to the next point.