User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 226

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    That makes sense. I imagine it would be pretty embarrassing to be called out on being emotional by a girl, face to face. It's almost like an instant shot of "man the hell up". It won't work on all guys, but it will work on many. It would work on me.
    Not if the guy thinks it's manly to be angry, which is a possible form of being extremely, irrationally, even dangerously, emotional.

    I've noticed that some particularly sexist people tend overlook male anger when they're busy calling women "emotional."

  2. #42
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Doesn't always work with a guy. Seriously depends on the guy. SERIOUSLY.
    Well, you're right- doesn't always work. Depends on the way you say it sometimes too. Also, sometimes people's emotions are just normal to the situation. Men's too. We're not all robots.

    Unless you're an INTJ.
    Then you're a robot and there's never an excuse to raise your tone. Unless someone turned your volume up too high or something.

  3. #43
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes people display pride for being unable to understand or acknowledge another person's emotions. I've never understood that, but I guess that's something an F dom would say, isn't it? It's especially interesting when I see "F"s do it, though.
    Yeah, even if I do believe that the person is being overly emotional, I still try to acknowledge what he/she is feeling and avoid telling them that they are overreacting. It always pisses me off when people dismiss others' emotions. :steam: Haha, what a F dom response for both.

  4. #44
    Senior Member NoahFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Not if the guy thinks it's manly to be angry, which is a possible form of being extremely, irrationally, even dangerously, emotional.

    I've noticed that some particularly sexist people tend overlook male anger when they're busy calling women "emotional."
    Anger is one of few emotions that are rational. Someone pisses you off, logically you get angry.

    It's also got the Sanctioned Seal of Approval from the Hairy Chest Association.

    All other emotional responses should be translated into anger ASAP or you risk losing your official Manly Certificate.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

  5. #45
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Yeah, even if I do believe that the person is being overly emotion, I still try to acknowledge what he/she is feeling and avoid telling them that they are overreacting. It always pisses me off when people dismiss others' emotions. :steam:
    I find that most times when people get emotional, it's because they haven't listened to what you are saying and just jump on one word or phrase. At that point, I'll say that they are overreacting because they are jumping to conclusions. Any rational person will take a step back and ask you to repeat what you said. And irrational person is clearly overreacting. And if someone wants to dismiss my thoughts, I can easily dismiss their feelings.

  6. #46
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    My favorite dismissive line I use during heated argument...

    "Are you going to throw a tantrum now? Oh great.."

    That has NEVER worked!

    Nobody try that.

  7. #47
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My favorite dismissive line I use during heated argument...

    "Are you going to throw a tantrum now? Oh great.."

    That has NEVER worked!

    Nobody try that.
    Hah! You might as well add in, "Well, let baby have his little tantrum" while you are at it!

  8. #48
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    when people go into a tiff, i just look at them and raise my eyebrow
    then i take a seat and listen to them while asking questions.
    i'll be damned if i raise my voice or even tolerate such poppycock
    I N V I C T U S

  9. #49
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I find that most times when people get emotional, it's because they haven't listened to what you are saying and just jump on one word or phrase. At that point, I'll say that they are overreacting because they are jumping to conclusions. Any rational person will take a step back and ask you to repeat what you said. And irrational person is clearly overreacting. And if someone wants to dismiss my thoughts, I can easily dismiss their feelings.
    I could eat this all day.
    I N V I C T U S

  10. #50
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Hah! You might as well add in, "Well, let baby have his little tantrum" while you are at it!
    I've said such things and worse. BAD IDEA. Trying to shame someone out of their anger problem is a no no.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] How should one deal with NF's that are being overly emotional?
    By ajblaise in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. [ISFP] ISFPs do you ever feel like you are being treated like a doormat?
    By liYA in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
  3. Ask an ESFJ, and be told how wrong you are
    By pure_mercury in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 07:50 AM
  4. Movies You Are PROUD to be Obsessed With
    By heart in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
  5. Movies You Are Embarassed to be Obsessed With
    By heart in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO