half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post

jenocyde - deep and husky voice. Kind of like Bea Arthur singing. And I imagine that she'd have a very infectious laughter, making everybody feel good around her.
    not even close, but soooooo funny!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

omg this thread is funny and jeno! the chick from the muppets....my god woman that's hilarious!

i've heard quite a few people in vent so yeah i hear them when i read their posts...and with most other people i not only hear them but get a whole body language facial expression impression too...like how they look when they're speaking...

antisocial in my head has longish hair that he brushes off his face a lot when he talks and speaks in a very soft and low precise voice...haha...with very slow mannerisms

wild horses...is very animated with a very bright face and huge smile and talks fast and laughs a lot...and she has a cool english accent...like sienna miller...haha

and awesomecakes is mellow and has a lowish voice and a flirty way about her expressions...same with amarigith and barbarella

synarch has a low soft mellow vibe about him except when he gets excited about something...then he starts talking fast

bluemonday sounded like joan collins or lauren bacall...until i heard her and remembered she's scottish...and then yeah her voice totally fits her...it's lovely

shortnsweet is kind of mellow but fast and giggly

oh and viv has a really sweet soft voice and demeanor with a bright smiley face too
    i could do this all day...everyone sounds a certain way haha

hmm...i'll have to think more and add to it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Here's how some people sound in my mind when I read their posts, like this is how they'd sound in real life:

I hear Edgar's voice as very nasal, quite fast.

Synarch has quite a deep voice, the tone can vary from very caring, almost paternal, to very condescending. Deep, hearty laughter.

Actually, when they go off mocking each other, Edgar and Synarch are like SpongeBob SquarePants and Plankton. Hilarious.

entropie - Ever since I saw this commercial in YouTube, I've imagined entropie acting like this and sounding like the guy at the end of the commercial

jenocyde - deep and husky voice. Kind of like Bea Arthur singing. And I imagine that she'd have a very infectious laughter, making everybody feel good around her.

JivinJeffJones - kind of slow speech, very soothing, lots of pauses, careful consideration of words. Actually, he sounds like Joaquin Phoenix but with an Australian accent.

EcK sounds like Cookie Monster with somewhat less deeper voice.

Peguy - Even though I've heard Peguy's voice, he still sounds like Weasel from I Am Weasel.

PinkPiranha - Mary Poppins singing, with the British accent and dancing

Victor - ever since the Wind in the Willows thread, I can't help but imagine Victor sounding like Badger but with a lot softer tone, sort of dreamy and the senteneces seem to slowly fade into silence.

Jennifer - Mrs. Krabappel from The Simpsons.
    Nasal!?!?

F you, lady.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

But Edgar, your laugh... I... My god, you have the best laugh ever.
    Yours and Synarch's. I don't know, both of your laughs floored me in the best way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

If I did subvocalize, Edgar would sound like Putin.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

entropie - Ever since I saw this commercial in YouTube, I've imagined entropie acting like this and sounding like the guy at the end of the commercial
    Hahaha, thats nice . I am tho more like him:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn86cOPvmk"]cat for the blind [/YOUTUBE]

----------------

If at all I only subvocalize with sentences in german, for the english language I got no real reference. What I do tho is speaking the sentence while I write loudly in my head thats why I always got a D- in syntax
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Nasal!?!?

F you, lady.

See, how can you not laugh if you hear this with SpongeBob's voice. Hilarious.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Halla74: I kind of imagine this guy talking like Charlie Sheen. I don't know why
    Well thank you YLJ. You might be close on that one, I'll have to listen a few Sheen clips. I will make a damn voice file soon, I'm finishing final exams now though until this Wednesday night.

If I had to guess as to the voice of Mr. YLJ, I would not bet on the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I would have to say anyone with the broad range of interests, including weapons of all kinds, and hand to hand combat MUST have some hint of the Queen's English in his tone...

English is my second language, German was first. My learning of the English language commenced in Germany, as my family was that of a U.S. Army soldier and his German wifey, but we spoke German at home. When my Dad received orders to move to Fort Hood, Texas, we began speaking alot more English at home so I could catch up. Bottom line is that I sound like a native when I speak German, and my accent is indistinct when I speak English. And that is my guess for the voice of YLJ. Am I right?

-Alex

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    If I did subvocalize, Edgar would sound like Putin.
    See, now that's more like it.

Btw, enjoy your polonium, Sky.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I knew it!
    They say I sound Scottish But it kinda shifts in all kinds of directions... I've got my own dialect, almost.
    Edit: If anything, I probably sound like i'm an ulster Scot.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Well thank you YLJ. You might be close on that one, I'll have to listen a few Sheen clips. I will make a damn voice file soon, I'm finishing final exams now though until this Wednesday night.

If I had to guess as to the voice of Mr. YLJ, I would not bet on the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I would have to say anyone with the broad range of interests, including weapons of all kinds, and hand to hand combat MUST have some hint of the Queen's English in his tone...

English is my second language, German was first. My learning of the English language commenced in Germany, as my family was that of a U.S. Army soldier and his German wifey, but we spoke German at home. When my Dad received orders to move to Fort Hood, Texas, we began speaking alot more English at home so I could catch up. Bottom line is that I sound like a native when I speak German, and my accent is indistinct when I speak English. And that is my guess for the voice of YLJ. Am I right?

-Alex

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come