User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I make up voices for people in my head! Even though they're usually wrong. I can hear someone talk, then continue to read their posts and such with my imagined voice for them. I do the same when reading books. ^^;
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Halla74 sounds like Hulk Hogan
    Oh my God this statement cracks me up!

I will record an audio clip of my voice reading something and see what that does for your subvocal perception of me.

I wish I sounded like the Hulkster! I don't know what I sound like. I've lived in so many places that it's impossible for me to have an accent. I try to enunciate words clearly. I most likely talk a bit fast. I actually hate listening to myself on an answering machine as it is not what I hear in my brain as I speak out loud!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't know many who like their answering machine voice. People would find me absolutely irresistable if they could hear how my voice sounds from inside my cranium! I'm sure of it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

TECHNICAL QUESTION for the attention challenged (aka ME):
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) Outside of Ventrilo, can we post a small MP3 of our voices in a thread? Like a JPEG attachment, but different? If so, what is the file size limitation?

(2) I have a microphone/camera I use for Skype, will this work in Ventrilo?

Thanks, gotta' go...do something...

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    TECHNICAL QUESTION for the attention challenged (aka ME):
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) Outside of Ventrilo, can we post a small MP3 of our voices in a thread? Like a JPEG attachment, but different? If so, what is the file size limitation?

(2) I have a microphone/camera I use for Skype, will this work in Ventrilo?

Thanks, gotta' go...do something...
    1. You can, click on the attachments icon in the reply box. Max file sizes are shown in the pop up menu.
    2. Yes, that's what I use

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I use the same subvocalizations for a lot of people. I can't quite explain what brings me to it for a specific person, though.

Unfortunately, all of them are from obscure voice actors that I can't find the names of.

For instance, when I picture Lauren Ashley's voice, I get the impression of the voice of one of the female blood elves in World of Warcraft. Unfortunately, there were several such voices, and I can't figure out which one it was.

Phantonym

Here's how some people sound in my mind when I read their posts, like this is how they'd sound in real life:

I hear Edgar's voice as very nasal, quite fast.

Synarch has quite a deep voice, the tone can vary from very caring, almost paternal, to very condescending. Deep, hearty laughter.

Actually, when they go off mocking each other, Edgar and Synarch are like SpongeBob SquarePants and Plankton. Hilarious.

entropie - Ever since I saw this commercial in YouTube, I've imagined entropie acting like this and sounding like the guy at the end of the commercial

jenocyde - deep and husky voice. Kind of like Bea Arthur singing. And I imagine that she'd have a very infectious laughter, making everybody feel good around her.

JivinJeffJones - kind of slow speech, very soothing, lots of pauses, careful consideration of words. Actually, he sounds like Joaquin Phoenix but with an Australian accent.

EcK sounds like Cookie Monster with somewhat less deeper voice.

Peguy - Even though I've heard Peguy's voice, he still sounds like Weasel from I Am Weasel.

PinkPiranha - Mary Poppins singing, with the British accent and dancing

Victor - ever since the Wind in the Willows thread, I can't help but imagine Victor sounding like Badger but with a lot softer tone, sort of dreamy and the senteneces seem to slowly fade into silence.

Jennifer - Mrs. Krabappel from The Simpsons.

Yes.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Same. Inserting other voices sometimes happens, but only for deliberate effect in my own mind. Kind of like reading aloud with different voices and inflections would be. It is prompted by myself, not an involuntary thing.
    That.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't subvocalize, but I love the OP and this thread!

It does remind me of an occasion a long time ago when I emailed someone for a while (ok, it was internet dating, so shoot me ), and then talked to him on the phone, and at the end of the conversation he told me he hadn't expected my voice to be what it was - he thought it would be more like a schoolteacher, and lower (like the teacher-noise in the Charlie Brown cartoons ), or something, and he was surprised at how melodic it was, and how much I laughed. Which, of course, made me laugh.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ