User Tag List

Thread: Cohiba Cigars

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default Cohiba Cigars

The purpose of this thread is to launch a discussion about cigars. As a sidebar story, I am disappointed that typologycentral does not have a section labelled "Sensuality," which would in effect be an explicit domain for discussions about sensual experiences. Nevertheless, I myself am a recreational cigar smoker. Tonight I had a Cohiba, though it was purchased a while ago making it not as fresh as I'd like it. Still, I found the cigar excellent. Indeed, I agree with Tolstoy when he says that a cigar isn't so much pleasure as the crown and hallmark of pleasure. This is of course profoundly true in my experience. The cohiba experience is like no other, affording the smoker different qualitative experiences as the cigar burns down. Personally, my favorite part is when the cigar is close to the end (approximately between 4 inches to 2 inches). It is in this part that cohibas have a light leathery smooth taste. The sensation provided by these two inches as the cigar nears its end is unprecendented. I've never had the same experience with other cigars, though I am open-minded on this which is why I'd like input from other cigar smokers. To wit, what are your favorite cigars? Why?

P

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am quite partial to the Savinelli ELR with the natural wrapper. Like an Arturo Fuente, but nicer wrap and more character in the flavor IMHO.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

coincidental! i was smoking some cubans with a friend of mine just the other night! ours were Bolivars, not Cohibas. Cohibas are definitely one of the best, best ever maybe? Bolivars are pretty great though, some of them are pretty strong which i like.

i honestly smoke cheap cigars most of the time. Sancho Panzas are kind of my classic stand-by cigar.
    Padron makes some good cheaper cigars. and some great expensive ones, too. i have had some Santa Claras that were amazing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I smoked my first cigar the other day. LOL, I know, I'm a noob.

I dunno what it was, it was Puerto Rican and vanilla flavored. Any ideas?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?