User Tag List

12 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default TypoC Fantasy World II - World foundation

Took a few more days. I wasn't at a computer much the past few days.

Well, it's time to fill in some gaps and create a foundation of a world in which people can base their characters in. Just the rough outline, leaving it to the writers to fill in the gaps.

The world.

It is the year 3269. Approximatly 1000 years ago a great nuclear war destroyed all leading countries in the world. The continents North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia had all been hit and irradiated and became unlivible. Africa is now the only known world where ancestors fled too in times of old. Cape Town is the largest living city in the world. All throughout Africa borders have fallen and a capitalistic and oppertunistic political system arose.

Due to advanced weapon systems used in the 'great war', an unknown side effect arose, allowing certain evolved (or perhaps mutated) people to control the elements by thought. Tapping into the spirituality of the world easy and effectively. This has split the population up into groups. Those who dabble in the arts of magick, and those who do not. Though relations between the two are most tense. After several hundred years of futes, confrontations are few and small in size. There's an uneasy mutual toleration between the two groups. And there are those who are neutral to the conflict.

Legend says that the far reaches of the world become livible again a 1000 year after the Great War. The first planetory expedition team is being set up in Cape Town. It's motive, to search new lands.

Things of note.

- Technology levels are industrial and steam based. Even though there is advanced technologic remnants of old. The understanding of this is lost, but working ancient technology can be incoorperated into newly designed systems. Electronic based technologies malfunction in close proximity to users of magick and is thought to be unreliable.
    - Controlling Magick is a exhausting feat and requires great concentration. There is a limit to how much a person is able to do without resting.
    - Although humanity is scattered throughout the southern tip of Africa, most every living being lives in Cape Town.
    - The world population is now 5 million, 4 of which living in Cape Town.
    - Little is known about the world prior to the great war, as not many documents in Africa remain. The first 100 years having been extremely chaotic, most everything got plundered and burned at the time. Only legends remain.

Thus there are aspects of apocalyptic, futuristic, steampunk and magic all in a shell of the real world.
    This is what I had in mind, personally. Figured an expedition set to new continents would also be a good base for characters to intertwine. First part of the story being the creation and recruitment of the expedition in Cape Town.

Give me a yay or a nay, and some suggestions!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    xxxx

Honestly, I've spent less time on my roleplaying forum because I post here. Roleplaying ON TypeC, how tempting.

Personally, I think the storyline would be more interesting if there were also survivors on the northern coast of Africa. A Mediterranean port city, to be exact. Alexandria, maybe? In the north, however, things are different. After the war broke out, a crazed scientist, using the advanced genetic engineering technology of his time, created and isolated a gene that allowed a generation of 10 individuals to be immune to the toxic effects of the Great War. Over 1000 years, further generations spawned from these individuals into what is now a city of around 100,000. Like those in the south, this settlement has gained the use of magick. Other than a slightly higher resistance to radiation, the factor that separates this northern society from the southern one is that they have a large archive of pre-Great War times. However, this archive is written in another language, one which is still trying to be deciphered. (Perhaps the native tongue of the southern people, if you want)

Anyways, that's my suggestion for an addition to the plot.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'm gonna give you a YAY, FluffyWolf. Expeditions! Intrigue!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Is the idea that us forum members are in the expedition?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

You can throw in the effects of radiation facilitated gene mutation of creatures in the deep ocean. These creatures have no concept of humanity but nonetheless have keen intelligence. They're in search of better living conditions and expanding territories due to food limitations in the depths. It's been found that regions surrounding radioactive sites develop plankton/chemotroph growth which attract prey. Over time they've navigated through corridors of unpolluted (lower radioactivity) current and reached the coastline near the old Middle Africa.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

So would it be bad to eat the glow in the dark bunny?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Alright, I've been busy for some time now, but as I see that the response to this thread isn't negatory, I'll be using the above template for the world and will make time to create and start it off soon!

My apologies for the delay.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The world will be mine!
    Attachment 8224

WALMART

sounds lovely

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When do we play?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge