User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default How do you present shop?

I'm totally extreme with present shopping. Christmas, birthdays, I buy presents for these things months in advance, and keep my eye open throughout the year for things that are "good" for my friends and family and have been known to buy a piece and keep it wrapped and ready to go in my room for nearly a year just because it was a really good deal and a "perfect" gift.

Everything outside of the times I happen upon for people, is TOTALLY last minute. I'm talking, on the way to the party I stop by and grab the best looking thing I can find in the first store I go in.

I just bought my friend an Angels and Airwaves guitar pick for his birthday in September because it was pretty cheap on ebay and it's his favorite band too.

So how do you do this? do you even gift shop at all??
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I completely read the title incorrectly, and was wondering why you didn't put it in the Sexuality and Mature Topics forum. LOL. Damn the english language. Present/present. Polish/polish. Wind/wind.

Anyways, I have my GF do it. She has a definite knack. I just ask her and I get it. Also she reminds me which holidays necessitate presents vs. cards in the first place, which is a huge plus.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I either completely forget, or I'll stumble across something that is the perfect gift given the person's personality and I'll buy it even if their birthday is 6 months away.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I buy hardly anyone presents, when I do I usually leave it to the last minute, then find something quirky that I find funny or think suits them.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I always forget. I literally have to sneak out of the house on the day and get everything. I love picking out gifts for people, though. I try to make everything very personal.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I generally don't. I get something useful for the person or something consumable, or I'll get them something if it's a specific want that's within financial sanity to purchase.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know. That's why we get girls.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

I usually wait until the last minute and then pick out something personal, sometimes something of my own design if it isn't too hokey.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My present buying is much like the rest of my life.:
    Last minute, exhorbitant, tasteful, and often of my own creation.

If I am broke, but a person that I truly have a deep fondness for is in need of a present, I will spend hours upon hours making them an awesome Mix-CD, complete with original cover art and custom made sleeve insert with artist/track title information.

If I have money to spare there's no telling what I'll buy for someone. I am somewhat predictable in that I will choose something that (I think) the person will use (based on what I know of them) as I don't want to buy anyone a shitty little gold mouse figurine that ends up on a corner shelf in the throne room. It might be a nice belt, or pair of shoes, a kick ass shirt, or a collapsable riot baton, or pepper spray, maybe even a top notch Gerber Multi-tool or Gerber Gator Serrator. Whatever, it all depends on the recipient.

My parents are very hard to shop for. I buy my Mother ridiculous bouquets of flowers, $100 or more, as she is worth nothing less. I buy my Dad fun shit, like little die cast metal military war machines or toy guns that shoot harmless shit so he can harass my Mom's cat or even my niece.

My Brother gets Spider Man memorabilia, or limited edition CDs/DVDs, or Pink Floyd concert tickets, etc.

I do love buying gifts for people. It's one of the nice ways I freak people out. Sometimes I just scare the hell out of them for no reason.

MBTI
    ENTP

Everyone gets Starbucks cards. Or cash. Or awkward rubdowns.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."