Thread: Death + Typoc

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    If a member dies, how are we going to know about them? They would fade away into the real world, and just stop posting here. What if half of those people who just suddenly leave here have actually died?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Okay, stop posting.
    Then we can talk about you.
    Okay, I've stopped posting, I think I might have electrocuted the fuck out of myself while playing with car batteries. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I thought about this just yesterday and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't matter.

I certainly wouldn't want any forum members who know me irl to post any identifying things about me here. But then again, I'd be dead.

And if one of you guys died, well, that's how it goes.
    There are people who die slowly though, Like from cancer, So then we'd know how they'd die, depending on if they'd be willing to post here knowing that they're going to die... I think you'd be more interested in family and friends than anything else. I'd have to say though, it's not that much effort, I'd probably post 'I HAVE CANCER' and then leave

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I just sort of assume everyone is already dead. I get very depressed. But, then when I see a post from someone I like, I get very happy because they are alive after all! But then I start thinking they are dead again.

This seems like the only rational way to handle this topic.
    I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE STILL ALIVE YOU DOG!! I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU, I WAS GOING TO CREATE A THREAD IN THE GRAVEYARD (THE MOST APPROPRIATE PLACE) TO MOURN YOUR DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thanks
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There are people who die slowly though, Like from cancer, So then we'd know how they'd die, depending on if they'd be willing to post here knowing that they're going to die... I think you'd be more interested in family and friends than anything else. I'd have to say though, it's not that much effort, I'd probably post 'I HAVE CANCER' and then leave
    If I were dying, I'd definitely post here. My family doesn't mean much to me, and I have no friends. This is all I've got in the way of meaningful connection to people.

What if half of those people who just suddenly leave here have actually died?
    are you turning into an NF?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If I were dying, I'd definitely post here. My family doesn't mean much to me, and I have no friends. This is all I've got in the way of meaningful connection to people.
    awww, you seem very likable , maybe you just need to assert yourself more?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    are you turning into an NF?
    Maybe I am an NF, I've got no idea, I'll figure it out later
    I did start a very sappy kind of thread though... although I didn't quite mean to...
    HUGS ALL AROUND!

DON'T DIE ON ME!
    ... although, as jeno said, it doesn't matter because it won't make a difference.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hmm, this is a problem, especially as I would be reluctant for someone close to me to log on here, even though there's nothing too shameful for them to read. I guess if I suddenly disappear, you can assume I was in a fatal car accident. If I'm going slowly, I'll let you know ahead of time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I have solved the problem. I will assassinate all of you, then I will know for sure that you are dead, and haven't left the forum for a real life. I will then come back here and have one of those services and I can rest assured that I know where you all are.

Am I still NF? Maybe I should turn the F switch back on...

Fidelia: Hmm, this is a problem, especially as I would be reluctant for someone close to me to log on here, even though there's nothing too shameful for them to read. I guess if I suddenly disappear, you can assume I was in a fatal car accident. If I'm going slowly, I'll let you know ahead of time.
    Nice username, I just realized what it signifies . If someone close to you died and were a member of a forum, would you sign into that forum and say goodbye for them, also, would you really go through their messages? Are we obligated to respect the privacy of a dead person, I don't think it would make any difference, but if it's actually against the dead persons will, that's a different story, right? If it were someone close to me, I'd want to go through the messages, it would bring you closer to that person maybe... maybe I'd just want to do it out of curiosity though...
    5 3 9

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I would totally go through their stuff. For sure.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thanks KD!

I've contemplated that as my mother (who is extremely careful about what she writes anyway) has asked me to burn her journals (without reading) when she dies. I know that my own journals are not accurate reflections of me even at that time as they represent the high and low points, rather than the every day feelings I had. On the other hand, could you bear to actually get rid of something that reflected any part of someone so close? What if we had lost the rough drafts and journals of famous people from the past in this way?

I think it would be tempting to read what someone close to me wrote here because it does reflect them. It wouldn't be so much idle curiosity though, as a way to connect back to them.

What do people usually do regarding their email? Does a loved one log on and let everyone know? I don't know if I have anyone that would know my password...and yet there are people that wouldn't be in touch with anyone else I know and who wouldn't live where they'd hear about the funeral whom I would like to be aware if I died.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why do we release famous people's journals and rough drafts anyway? I always thought that to be an extreme violation. However, they are dead, so whatever.

I always thought it wouldn't matter if someone knows I'm dead or not. Especially if we don't keep in touch often. I just want people to keep living their life like normal. If they find out, ok. If not, ok.