User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    A lot of times I want to pull an IxTx off to the side of real life and ask them how I should interact with them.

My normal approach is useless here. :[
    Funny - I am usually thinking the same thing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Just be real. But yeah I think there is a world of difference between an intj and istp for example so not every IXTX is gonna be the same.
    True. I'm actually usually better with IxTJs because they just watch me be a fluffy idiot until I say something serious and then they see that I have brains. And NTPs are a little odd themselves, so that's slightly less of a challenge, at least at the beginning. You STPs are a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Funny - I am usually thinking the same thing.
    Lol. It's unfortunate, isn't it? No one desires the gap, yet there it is.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't think I get asked any particular questions. I've learned to blend in pretty well. Although I think I throw people off with my honesty and directness, and sometimes seem aloof.
    I never look angry or sad unless I actually am, and even then I probably just look stressed out and intense or extremely tired in the case of sadness.

I'm not too quiet anymore, but even when I used to be people never asked me- they just assumed I was always quiet.

I smile a lot. I hope this doesn't disqualify me from some aspect of my type. I just feel bad if I don't, like I feel like something is wrong if I have a corresponding expression. I do neutrality if I'm focused, but that never seems to come across the wrong way. People would more likely ask me why I'm smiling, as it's usually some random funny thing I thought which they wouldn't understand, or the music I'm listening to, or something fantastic that happened in my life. Although if people told me to smile I wouldn't like it because that would seem to say I'm not acceptable when I'm not happy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Lol. It's unfortunate, isn't it? No one desires the gap, yet there it is.
    It's not so much that, as I would like my "usual methods" to succeed here as well. That already implies something about other people that is not broadly true. I suppose what I am saying is that even if I couldcross the gap, I might not choose to do it that often.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It's not so much that, as I would like my "usual methods" to succeed here as well. That already implies something about other people that is not broadly true. I suppose what I am saying is that even if I couldcross the gap, I might not choose to do it that often.
    Ah, I see. Well, in terms of the gap, at least personally, all I want to communicate is goodwill and understanding what the other person would prefer most. So I guess it would be nice if I could just read minds briefly, so I could understand if the other person wants me to communicate with them or not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    What's wrong?
    There was a rash of this question when I first started my job. Multiple people would be like 'What's wrong? You look so sad!" I was never sad, but I guess it's because I tend to have a pretty neutral face most of the time. And they were always FJs, aha.

I've haven't gotten questions like those in a while, though. I got it a lot more when I was uber withdrawn and was terrified of both emotions and people. Whenever I got that question, I'd just stare at them or shrug, lul. Didn't help my case.

MBTI
    ISTP

Huh. I never hear those questions even though I am a ISTP... thats the part where my real personality didn't fit with the ISTP, being direct and honest. I have awesome skill in lying to anyone.