User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Yeah I do this too. So I don't get those upon first meetings.... but nothing's worse than some E type saying all cheerfully (when I'm not in the mood): "Smile!"
    I usually just stare blankly back.
    ohh godd thats all i get...."how come he's so serious, why doesn't he smile" i'm pretty much non chaulant half the time.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    - Are you angry?
    - Like the person: No..? Not at all?
    - Don't like the person: No. This is happy, would you like to see angry instead?

- What's wrong?

-Like the person: Nothing at all, just relaxing.
    -Don't like the person: Nothing.

- Are you always this quiet?

-Like the person: Nope, just not that talkative at the moment.
    -Don't like the person: Yes.

- Smile! (Okay. Not a question but I'm curious as to what types keep suggesting this questionable deed! ).

-Like the person: Haha. *smile a tiny bit*
    -Don't like the person: No reaction or scowl.
    shit man u took those words out my mouth as well.

MBTI
    LoLz

My socializing at work is in short bursts. 80% of the time I'm quiet and turn away when coworkers walk toward me. I completely hate the forced socializing just because I work with them. Some of them get bothered by it, though, because I come off as arrogant or antisocial. It's just....just because we work together, and we've gotten to know each other does NOT mean I have to talk to you EVERY SINGLE TIME I see you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Like one actually cares. Seriously if the I is that quite that's brilliant. More space to talk for me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

- Are you angry?
    I sometimes get asked this, and I simply answer no to my irritation, making me sound even more angry to the simpleton.
    - What's wrong?
    I could tell them how crazy I am and the rest of my life story, but I decide not to. I just say nothing.
    I don't tend to get asked this.
    - Smile! (Okay. Not a question but I'm curious as to what types keep suggesting this questionable deed!).
    As nice as it sounds, I feel like these people are asking for me to slap them. Hard. But I don't. I realize that this is a nice thing to them, and those who do that are 90% of the time EFs.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    I

I don't get any of these questions, thank goodness.

MBTI
    INTP

- Are you angry?

Not usually but I'm probably still trying to decide whether I am angry. If I am I certainly don't want to open up to them and tell them all my feelings on the matter unless it's a very close friend and they're not the one I'm angry at. I don't think I have ever opted for being angry as opposed to keeping a good friendship because I have a fear that I won't be able to deal with what comes next and I'll lose the friendship. I don't make friends very often at all but with those few close friends I do have I will do almost anything to preserve the friendship including whatever they may do to offend me; for example, one of my ISTJ friends held me down until I cried once and I am still friends with her and miss her very much.

- What's wrong?

In all likelihood, nothing and I'm not going to tell you unless you're a close friend.

Short answer, yes.

- Smile! (Okay. Not a question but I'm curious as to what types keep suggesting this questionable deed! ).

Usually this is, to me, completely irrelevant. I don't need to smile because I'm not engaged in interaction with others. Expressions and body language are, after all, primarily for conveying unspoken information to other people. I'll be thinking and semi-zoned out.

- You look ill/tired.

I will probably tell them I'm fine but the real answer will either be 'no' because I'm pretty pale and people ask me because of that sometimes or 'yes' because I'm more comfortable at night (it's easier to be introverted) so I stay up late usually and as a result end up feeling pretty ill from time to time.

With all of these I'll probably just try to make the situation go away as quickly as possible because if they're asking me any of these then it's likely that I'm being pretty introverted and them being asked is rather an invasion of my personal space. I'm fine debating and discussing with others but discussing feelings is not something I ever want to do unless it's a close friend.
    =)

That said, I've developed a system whereby if I can't think what to say I'll use what I think of as pre-programmed interactions and I need to know the person pretty well to be myself. I wouldn't necessarily say any of the above examples but I consider them to be in this category.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    - Are you angry?
    - What's wrong?
    I get the bolded two sometimes... WRT the third one ("Are you always this quiet?"), I usually get it in the form of "You're so quiet!" Yeah, mind your own business. I just don't have a reason to talk to you and my time's quite precious. :steam:

Anyhow, my usual response to the bolded two would be:

- What's wrong?

Nothing. (Person inevitably asks again.) I said *nothing*. Geez.

- Are you angry?

(Irritated/Surprised) No......?
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm usually engaged , despite being an I. I'm not one of those super Is who just sits back. But depending on the situation, I might be a little more reflective. When I get those questions I look at them like they have the problem.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

- Are you angry?
    My Reaction: Curiosity; I can't help but think someone who continually asks if I'm angry if I'm not exhibiting any externals signs of such is generally insecure.
    My Response: "Nope." or "What reason would I have to be?"
    - What's wrong?
    My Reaction: Same as the previous.
    My Response: "Nothing."
    My Reaction: Moderately annoyed, with a hint of confusion; I begin to wonder why verbal exchanges, which in some cases can be so inane and worthless, are valued so highly that the lack of such can produce a feeling of anxiety amongst someone, as if your silence is somehow indicative of some sort of negative emotional state. Silence is vastly underrated.
    My Response: "Yeah." or "I generally reserve talking for instances in which I actually have something worth saying."
    My Reaction: An internal "Fuck You.", follow by asking myself questions internally, such as, How does a smile have any sort of value if it's completely disingenuous? Is it better for me to just display an illusionary emotional state for the comfortability of others? I smile when I feel like it, just like any other emotion. I wouldn't throw a brick out the window if I was completely calm just for the sake of doing so, so why smile if If it doesn't exactly fit my current state? I file smile under the exact same category as far as all that goes.

My Response: "......"