User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I've done the 'smile' thing when fairly tipsy/drunk (at least I remember doing it), and then reached out and played with the person's (ISTJ I think) face 'till they smiled, mainly because the person was exceedingly intriguing due to being rather reserved, and it was nice to see them smile; getting to see a softer side, and that they were okay with showing it to me, even in that small way.

I've an INFJ friend who does the 'smile' thing occasionally, always in a really endearing way, not trying to tell the person what to do; because she knows you're okay when she does it, and has a talent for making people smile or laugh, it's like these little tendrils of joy come towards your face and heart .

Other than that I think people say 'smile' because they're intimidated, anxious/shy/don't know how to approach saying 'What's up?' because the other person might be all 'Arr', or want to try and feel on level ground.

I think it's kind of...push to see the reaction.

Ooh, My eSFJ friend does it when she feels people are unnapprochable/scary.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    LoLz

Us IxTx's are hard to figure out. :P

MBTI
    FREE

ENFJ girlfriend: Are you mad at me?
    Me: No.
    ENFJ: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes.
    ENFJ: I feel like you're mad at me for something.
    Me: Jesus Christ, leave me be. I am not mad at you about anything, I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing at the moment. I'll talk to you later.
    ENFJ: Love you.
    Me: Love you too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

^^ Hahaha...

I get "are you angry, is something the matter and why do you sound so angry/serious", a lot. A loohHoot. Nowadays, I just give them the look, whenever these questions are fired at me for no apparent reason.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    - What's wrong?
    - Are you always this quiet?
    - Smile! (Okay. Not a question but I'm curious as to what types keep suggesting this questionable deed! ).
    Why is this so true? I tend to immediately give them the expression, then transition into "leave me the fuck alone" mode whereby I ignore them as best as possible.

[YOUTUBE="2PCReDF5z08"]Bill Hicks - What's wrong?[/YOUTUBE]
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    LoLz

A girl at work got on me on why I never said hi to her or even gave a "yes, mam" to her. I got bored tonight and just asked her, "so what was it you wanted me to call you again?" she said, "I'm old enough to be your mother. You should be calling me ma'am." I then went on to analyze why giving someone a title when you barely know them or care about them solely because of their age is pointless. Afterward, she just said, "You're right. I see your point." She's an ENFP. :P

Most of the time, if I don't do something that's common place, I have a reason. I haven't justified it internally. I put a halt to a lot of actions before I act on them because I analyze them first.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My replies usually go as follows.

- Are you angry?
    Well, I wasn't...

- What's wrong?
    I wasn't aware anything was.

Only when I'm around people I don't like... (mean, I know).

- Smile!
    Usually I get that painful monologue about "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!" To which I reply in a painfully uninterested tone, "However, maximum muscular efficiency is achieved only from a relaxed state. Smiling requires more caloric output to maintain than a neutral facial position, and is thereby inefficient to maintain at a constant throughout the day."

Don't get me wrong, I'm no morose navel-gazer. But these comments used to spark quite the spiteful retort when I was younger. These days, most people I know have learned that, just because I don't walk around with the appearance of being on a heavy dosage of Prozac, does not mean that I'm bummed about something. Maybe I'm not thinking about whether I'm happy at all (which is pretty much me in a state of happiness).
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Only when I'm around people I don't like... (mean, I know).

I dig ya!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP

I know a INTP girl and had some sparks going on with her awhile ago. My first impression of her is that she didn't look too approachable. However, once I get to know her, she's pretty good

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

- Are you angry?
    - What's wrong?
    - Smile!
    I get the last 3. Instead of "are you angry?" I get questions/comments about being sad/upset. I've also had people later admit they thought I was stuck up and unfriendly. Other people tell me I look frightened (closer to the truth). Still others think I am being grouchy. It's all just because I am quiet, shy, and wear a neutral face much of the time. I'm sure a lot of people think I am just boring also.

And when I lived with my parents, every single day I would come home, walk in the door, and my mom would look at me and say, "What's wrong? What happened?"
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe