MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I've definitely gotten all of those, in addition to:
    "You look sick" during a time when I was pretty severely depressed, but apparently I didn't look sad I looked ill. Lol. Awesome.
    I get this a lot

MBTI
    IsTP

To OP: Yup yup and yup. I for one just say "nothing" as I shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and poke out my bottom lip...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I think most ISTJ/INTJ/INTP/ISTP's are commonly asked these questions upon first meeting. I know I am. I'd like to hear how you guys have responded to them and what reactions your responses normally produce.

- Are you angry?
    - What's wrong?
    - Are you always this quiet?
    - Smile! (Okay. Not a question but I'm curious as to what types keep suggesting this questionable deed! ).

Other types are welcome to add their own "first impression" questions and answers. It would be interesting to see what some of the extroverts hear all the time.
    My brother (INxJ-43) has mentioned that when someone turns 40 all this crap starts to disappear. i'm starting to notice it decrease quite dramatically being on that cusp.

To answer
    Are you angry? ..... Ya kinda. You see, my special lady friend and i are having trouble and then someone cut me off in traffic not to mention i stepped in fresh moist cat shit this morning. i managed to clean it off really well though. But with all the stress and all, i feel really bad about my situation with my SO. Ya know? ......However the asker of "are you angry" responds>usually goes like this.....Wawawawa wawawa wawa, wawa wa wawawawa wa....As i walk off saying "just teasin"

What's wrong? ..... Wuasamattayou, eh?

Are you always this quite? ...... Who isn't?

Smile! ...... No. i'm angry ..... Why? refer to first question.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    I get this a lot
    Your apple looks a little angry...why?

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I've definitely gotten all of those, in addition to:
    "You look sick" during a time when I was pretty severely depressed, but apparently I didn't look sad I looked ill. Lol. Awesome.
    and
    "Why don't you like me?" from people I consider friends
    Oh, I should've added the "Why don't you like me?" question! Good one. I usually get this in relay. Someone who knows me really well relays this question from one of their friends I recently met. Most of my friends think it's pretty funny. Although I don't know why as I'm sort of trying to remember WHO the person I met was! (Unless I have a conversation that doesn't involve small talk - I usually don't remember the person). Then my friends go on about how or what I did that made so-and-so make me think I don't like them.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I know I'm not any of the aforementioned types, but people saying "smile!" is one of my all-time pet peeves. I certainly hope that no ESTJs do that. I never would! I just don't get the rationale behind it!
    I get "smile!" and "are you angry?" often... that is, when I actually AM angry. And let me tell you - you do NOT want to say those to me when I'm mad. It just makes me angrier.
    e.g...

Person X: "Smile!"
    Me: "F**k no! Don't tell me what to do!" (walks away and fumes)

Person X: "Are you angry?"
    Me: "Yes." (walks away and fumes)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Your apple looks a little angry...why?
    Because someone said "Smile!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

those questions don't bother me too much, i just answer them literally. people do often think i am upset when i am not, though. if the person is really convinced i am upset even after i tell them i am not, that bothers me.
    it seems like we ISTPs get that somewhat, people who want to 'fix' us, because they 'know' we are upset and just lying to ourselves.

however, the "smile" comment does upset me. i don't like to be told what to do.

i am pretty eccentric in real life and face-to-face conversations, i think i come across much more normal here because there is not the issue of timing. i do get a lot of those questions mentioned, often.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    those questions don't bother me too much, i just answer them literally. people do often think i am upset when i am not, though. if the person is really convinced i am upset even after i tell them i am not, that bothers me.
    it seems like we ISTPs get that somewhat, people who want to 'fix' us, because they 'know' we are upset and just lying to ourselves.

however, the "smile" comment does upset me. i don't like to be told what to do.

i am pretty eccentric in real life and face-to-face conversations, i think i come across much more normal here because there is not the issue of timing. i do get a lot of those questions mentioned, often.
    Hah! Yeah, I get that. That's as annoying as hell.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Hah! Yeah, I get that. That's as annoying as hell.
    yeah, it is really infuriating to me, and it seems like i get it a lot. it usually makes me a lot more distant and emotionally detached.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    yeah, it is really infuriating to me, and it seems like i get it a lot. it usually makes me a lot more distant and emotionally detached.
    No shit!... I told you how I feel and now you're going to tell me I feel another way?