User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

For one of our undergrad classes we used to have to conduct experiments that broke social rules. One of them was staring with people in the elevator or getting really chatty despite their rising discomfort. It really was funny.

One of my male friends dressed up as a girl one Hallowe'en and showed up to his university classes. He actually was quite a pretty girl. He had a slight frame, nice legs accentuated by black pantyhose, a dress to just above the knee and a blond wig. He got in the elevator with a male classmate who did not look up right away. When he did, he did the slow travel up the legs gaze and when he got a little further up was mortified to realize that the object of his Peppy Le Pew like amorousness was indeed male. He was so embarrassed he blurted out, "I'm sorry man, I had no idea. I'm really sorry!" and got off the elevator at the next stop!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm totally with Halla on this one! I'll be that guy that says "Hey there. Which floor? Weather's (insert appropriate sarcasm here) huh?" or "Are you a lawyer? .. You just have such a fancy briefcase is all.." I love to pick on people that feel awkward in places like that, the only time I don't is when I already have a group of friends to occupy my time..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm totally with Halla on this one! I'll be that guy that says "Hey there. Which floor? Weather's (insert appropriate sarcasm here) huh?" or "Are you a lawyer? .. You just have such a fancy briefcase is all.." I love to pick on people that feel awkward in places like that, the only time I don't is when I already have a group of friends to occupy my time..
    Of course, you're an ENFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    YAAAAY! Another elevator dominator!

I love this line of yours:

"Are you a lawyer? .. You just have such a fancy briefcase is all.."

Priceless.

If you want to get real brutal tell a real pretentious female that you like her shirt, and then ask her if she got it at TJ Maxx.

Or, tell a guy you like his shoes, then tell him Carrot Top wears the same ones during his new act.

MBTI
    yupp

it's an elevator, no one in their cares that you feel awkward, i've also danced in a semi full elevator, or had strange conversations with my friends. The way I see it is its an elevator the purpose is for us to go from one floor to another without stairs. I don't feel awkward in elevators, i'm just their to go up or down.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I get a sick pleasure from getting an elevator all to myself.
    I like to push the close button as soon as I get on to preserve my elevator dominance,lol.

I just giggle when I am with another person in an elevator- mostly because I always fantasize to myself about pushing all the floor buttons,lol.

I don't know what it is about an elevator but it brings out the stupid mischief in me,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ha! You are too funny.

I love elevators. I used to ride them up and down the hotels my family stayed in when I was a kid...until my parents caught me.

Now, I simply look at the different people in the elevator and start talking to them. "What's in the box for lunch? Can I have some?"

I don't care where I am, I love entertaining people. Hell, I love entertaining myself, I hate to be bored, elevator or elsewhere.
    +1. If the lift is quiet, then i definitely need to speak about something, anything. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I I don't know what it is about an elevator but it brings out the stupid mischief in me,lol.
    Lol. I know what you mean.
    Last week i told some kid who is on the same course as me that at my old work place, if i took the lift alone after our mid morning fag break. When i got off on my floor, i would press all the buttons as i knew they would be waiting for the lift. Anyway, this kid yesterday told some people who were in the lift with us that he was going to press all the buttons when we got out. The looks on everyones faces, what a picture, they were not amused. Me, i was chuckling in my head.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    9w8

If I have something that is keeping my mind busy, I'm just thinking the whole way up... and fidgeting. Making faces in the brushed steel or copper doors and walls, because it's not entirely clear in its reflection and makes it a game to see what I'm doing.

Avoiding touching other people, because a sweaty dude sticking his armpit in my face is a surefire way to get a steel-toed boot on their toes.

If there is only people I know...
    jump up and down and see if I can break the cable or...
    kiss or...
    I've talked about how if the elevator drops you need to stand up nice and straight. Your legs will crumple on impact but you'll save your spine and life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I like to push the close button as soon as I get on to preserve my elevator dominance,lol.

I don't know what it is about an elevator but it brings out the stupid mischief in me,lol.
    Ha! Me too! CLOSE button IMMEDIATELY! It's my elevator, get out!

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Anyway, this kid yesterday told some people who were in the lift with us that he was going to press all the buttons when we got out. The looks on everyones faces, what a picture, they were not amused. Me, i was chuckling in my head.
    Sounds like a good kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Making faces in the brushed steel or copper doors and walls, because it's not entirely clear in its reflection and makes it a game to see what I'm doing.
    Almost as good as fun house mirrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Avoiding touching other people, because a sweaty dude sticking his armpit in my face is a surefire way to get a steel-toed boot on their toes.
    +1. Keep your armpits to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If there is only people I know...
    jump up and down and see if I can break the cable or...
    Hell yes! Break the cable, make it drop, WooHoo!!!

kiss or...
    Always a good sneak attack on honey-pie.

I've talked about how if the elevator drops you need to stand up nice and straight. Your legs will crumple on impact but you'll save your spine and life.
    What if you were jumping up and down and you were in the air on impact? Then your legs would be fine and you disperse the damage whererver else you hit, right? I'd hug a really fat person on the way down and hope they broke the impact for me.