First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Me too, now that I dislike, the temptation to stare at myself appears so vain, but it's more like morbid curiousity, like "if I stare hard enough, will I really see the evil in me" (moroccan old wives tale).
    Creepy.. I do that all the time
    “Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    But... but.... that IS the worst!
    Ha! You are too funny.

I love elevators. I used to ride them up and down the hotels my family stayed in when I was a kid...until my parents caught me.

Now, I simply look at the different people in the elevator and start talking to them. "What's in the box for lunch? Can I have some?"

I don't care where I am, I love entertaining people. Hell, I love entertaining myself, I hate to be bored, elevator or elsewhere.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Heh Heh. Looks like I wasn't the only one thinking that before you posted. w00ty for FJs!

Haha. That IS the worst!

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ha! You are too funny.

I love elevators. I used to ride them up and down the hotels my family stayed in when I was a kid...until my parents caught me.

Now, I simply look at the different people in the elevator and start talking to them. "What's in the box for lunch? Can I have some?"

I don't care where I am, I love entertaining people. Hell, I love entertaining myself, I hate to be bored, elevator or elsewhere.
    Haha nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    lol. Don't you have an alien invasion to prepare for or something? :p
    Oh, I'm way ahead of ya. I'm currently preparing for Doomsday.

MBTI
    INTP

If I'm inebriated, I may screw with them somewhat. Like, having a conversation with someone who isn't there. The best WTF moment I recall involved me getting in the elevator, pulling out my keys, and pretending to insert one into the panel and twisting it before pushing a button. They stared and stared but never broke the silence.

But mostly I just do what everyone else does...stare at the numbers like it's fascinating that the little lights fire off sequentially. Let's be frank: I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU. I particularly do not want to talk to you for exactly three minutes. You are an insignificant leaf on the wind blowing through my world. Moments after the *ding*, you will be gone, and never return.

I do not understand why this is so fucking awkward. Like there's some sort of solidarity we're supposed to share, seeing as we're both locked in the same dangling metal cage? Stick together or we'll never make it out? Piffle. Why is there this feeling that I'm being antisocial for not conversing with my elevator-mate? Why the feeling that I'm expected to speak, and every moment I delay is increasing the other peoples anxiety? Why is that same feeling not present in a line at the bank, or in a bathroom, or trapped in traffic next to your car and our windows are down?
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    If I'm inebriated, I may screw with them somewhat. Like, having a conversation with someone who isn't there. The best WTF moment I recall involved me getting in the elevator, pulling out my keys, and pretending to insert one into the panel and twisting it before pushing a button. They stared and stared but never broke the silence.
    Actually what I used to do sometimes is if I'm on the bus or something, I'd talk to myself and see what other people's reactions were. Fun way to pass the time, I must say. You have to do it just right though, otherwise people think you're talking to them.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ha! You are too funny.

Hahaha, alright, so being stuck in an elevator with an ESTP for entertainment might not be so bad. Entertaining people of any kind that can make a random 2 minutes unique are always welcome. But the fact of the matter is, most people don't. Honestly, similar to what NoahFence said, small talk is the worst! This quote about ITPs somewhere about sums it up (I think I might have even quoted this on another thread...):
    Adhering to socially prescribed roles and engaging in idle chitchat can be very taxing.
    So when in an elevator with a random stranger, I try to make myself as small as possible. Either that or try to summon up some kind of bitch vibe. It's not preferred, but desperate times call for desperate measures

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Haha. That IS the worst!

MBTI
    ISTx

o fur rill?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    o fur rill?
    I was only half kidding

MBTI
    INTP

I was only half kidding
    "Kidding on the square"

When you're just joking.

About something painfully real.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo