First 123412 Last

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    That's spooky, as Freudian as it sounds I read that last word as motherfucker.
    Time for some serious therapy?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

When I was in college, there was a Dairy Queen I drove past on my way home everyday. For a number of months during the summer, they had "Try our new Blizzards!" on their sign. I'd always read it as, "Try our new Buzzards!" because they had the L and the I smooshed together.

Mmm, buzzards.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    The actual post title (which I did not read) was "hitmen and unions", but reading it as hitmen and unicorns , well that would have been much more interesting, so I was a bit disapointed when I re-read the title.
    You should start a "hitmen and unicorns" thread, that would really fuck over the people looking for the other one.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    Ever have your eyes play tricks on you when reading and you process a word as something very different that gives a completely different meaning that makes you chuckle or say WTF?
    All the time and its embarrassing if I've shared it. I also do it with spoken words on TV for instance.

I get that a lot, and I tend to mix things up when I'm typing as well I called one of my friends (actual name Sophie) Shop the other day, and let's just say I'm REALLY glad I proof-read my science coursework It only happens when Im typing though; not when I am handwriting something
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Humorous Misreadings

I recently misread Jeffster's blog title as "Jeffster Rocks Your Womb!" (it's actually "Jeffster Rocks Your World!" in case you're living under a forum rock.)

JivinJeffJones recently started a thread titled "Why the female fascination with love triangles?" that I misread as "Why the female fascination with love handles?"

Ever since Jeffster mentioned it, I can't read SKY is blue!'s blog ("Sky Regnant") as anything but "Sky Pregnant."

He also mentioned "Post Your Picture And Get Reamed!" (actually "renamed") which makes me chuckle every time.

In a related story, one of my favorite pastimes is reading the scrolling TV guide channel and remarking on the juxtapositions. Sometimes the titles are truncated to fit in the small boxes, so you can get some funny ones back to back. I have done this for an embarrassingly long time. The best one to date happened ten years ago when the show Hercules was still on the air. The channel Hercules was on (sci fi?) was right next to E! or something like that:

Hercules: The
    Fashion Emergency

(I think the full name of the Hercules show was "Hercules: The Legendary Journey.")

Maybe it's Ne misfiring or maybe it's just me being absentminded, but I think shit like this is hilarious. Anybody have any humorous misreadings or juxtapositions to share?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

(fucking finally! stupid forum.. or stupid Chrome, not sure which. I had to restart to post this thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

Ever since Jeffster mentioned it, I can't read SKY is blue!'s blog ("Sky Regnant") as anything but "Sky Pregnant."
    You realise you have now afflicted me with the same condition? :P

I wish I could remember the major misreads I have experienced here, but I can't.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, after I posted the thread I realized I could only do so because I've been jotting them down for a day or two planning to post this thread. I suspect it will fail for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah, after I posted the thread I realized I could only do so because I've been jotting them down for a day or two planning to post this thread. I suspect it will fail for this reason.

Haha I was actually thinking how much I wished I had written them down too.

So, I'm not the only person who writes down thread ideas? phew.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari