User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default What things have you discovered about yourself?

Since you joined here?

I feel like I have learnt some new things about myself, especially since I came back with a new user name.

I think I was in alot of denial about myself. I've discovered that I;m not as cold as I tried to convince myself I was.

I used to shut people out completely, even making friends online only to shut them out the minute I might have found myself caring too much about them, just as friends though, but even that was too much.

I've learnt since I came back again that other NF's embrace their loving side without shame, therefore it's ok to do it myself.

Not only that but many of those small, silly quizzes have revealed other things to me, that I was also kidding myself on.

Up until recently I would have said I hated touching, hated hugging, hated being invaded in anyway.

But I took that love languages test, and it told me that touch was the most important thing to me, and I had a moment where all my self lies fell away and I realised that I had intentionally made of myself a robot, untouchable and unbreakable in my fortress, but it wasn't true, I was just afraid.

I am now hugging people, I am more touchy feely again, and it feels natural for the first time in over 15yrs.

Has anybody else discovered new things about themselves since they came here? not just about their type, but little things that they were happy to embrace now that they knew?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Phantonym

The most important thing I've discovered since I joined the forums is that despite my attempts to deny it, I do need people in my life. That I am able to open up to people I haven't been friends with for decades. Trusting people while being completely myself around them and let them see behind the mask I usually wear. I've now started to do that in real life as well and it has been very liberating for me because I thought that would never happen.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I discovered that I'm famous enough to make some people recognized my existence on another forums.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*smiles*
    I learned so much. I was a journey to find out who I was when I joined. I had no idea what I was good at, and was insecure in everything I did. I was tired of people, the world, everything. I also didn't understand why I got on with people at first to then botch it up later on. Though I had a good idea how to get on with the people I knew, new people were always a source of exhiliration and fear, and potential pain.

I learned, and still am learning, to at least somewhat see where they come from, before I've gone through the process of getting to know them. To see what their motivations are. I learned to see the weaknesses in others which caused them react to me the way they did and their subsequent fears, but also their strengths, and how they can add so much to a bond with someone. I learned to see what my true weaknesses were and which things I was insecure on without reason. I learned to detach..somewhat

I am slowely learning the NT-version of humor, though it's not always easy to tell

And from the individual conversations I've had with people here, I learned to observe and see how they use their strengths, to try those tricks out with my own weaknesses.

It's a work in progress. I had the greatest result this weekend. I had a debate with the two entps in my family about spirituality and for once, it didn't get stopped, ignored or out of hand. No yelling, no hurt feelings, clearly two opposed parties, but still able to share information and insights without it getting ugly. Considering our history, you cannot imagine how grateful I am for that. This was in fact my main reason for joining, back when, to solve this problem.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Let's see here...

I've learned what an ESTP is like in general terms,

I have focused on my gifts,

I have identified my shortcomings and am trying to improve them,

I've finally recognized that I have emotions and am learning to let them guide me when appropriate,

I've learned the gist of INFJs (my wife!) and how my ESTP-isms have (unintentionally!) been steamrolling over her attempts to relate with me over the years,

I've learned I'm an Enneagram 7w8, no surprises there,

I've learned alot about the different aspects of personality theory and been able to apply it to the many people in my life that I persuaded into taking free online personality tests,

I've me some damn cool people here and have had a blast interacting with y'all when I'm not outside tearing the world up.

That's it...so far.

-Alex

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've learned that I am not an anomaly.
    I've learned that those of a certain unnamed type are not all just hysterical, needy, clingy babies.
    I've learned that other people have feelings and they're not all just faking it.
    I've learned that I affect other people.
    I've learned to pinpoint specifically what I am looking for in all types on interpersonal relationships.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I've learned that I am not an anomaly.
    I've learned that those of a certain unnamed type are not all just hysterical, needy, clingy babies.
    I've learned that other people have feelings and they're not all just faking it.
    I've learned that I affect other people.
    I've learned to pinpoint specifically what I am looking for in all types on interpersonal relationships.
    Well... I wouldn't be so sure of that ALL the time.

Sometimes, I express emotions I don't really feel to project a certain image. To seem appropriate. Not to the degree that I seriously deviate from my values, but enough that it's relevant to point out.

Anyway, about myself:

1. People value more than one aspect of me, and many of them can accept me for who I am, even though it's heavily flawed.

2. I am not alone.

3. What would be very wise for one person might very well be very stupid for me. Because people are different.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've met several different types that I had never had a lot to do with in real life. I'm learning to recognize more types around me, which helps me in interacting with them.
    I've gotten some insights into the thought processes of Ts and for the first time found some SJs who will talk about how they think so I can better understand the ones close to me. It has given me a whole new appreciation for them. I'm improving at recognizing NT humour too and adjusting my communication style to better fit, which is helpful in real life as well. I'm learning what drives other types nuts in interacting with me and considering how that can be changed.

The forum has reinforced that everyone has problems and also reasons for why they are the way they are if you get to know them well enough. If people react in a way that seems hostile, usually it just means that more information is needed on one or both parts and it will make sense. This is quite a relief in communicating with others. There are lots more people struggling with the same things that I do. Also that most people will respond warmly when you initiate contact and to take it less to heart when they don't because sometimes it has nothing to do with me.

The picture thread has showed me that there are many types of beauty and different people are able to point out completely varying aspects of it from their perspectives.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I've learned a lot more about others than about myself.

I've learned that many people hold my type in low regard.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I have a penchant for the darkside
    I N V I C T U S