User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm learning to better understand how to respond to various types of humour from watching other people here.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Haven't we all.

Edit: Haven't we all confirmed our own personal type of awesomeness?
    Let me reiterate: I've found that my functions match up well with the ENTP's, thereby confirming my awesomeness.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Let me reiterate: I've found that my functions match up well with the ENTP's, thereby confirming my awesomeness.
    That makes more sense.

I've learned that I am who I am.. and not alone in the world. It's difficult when you go through life, feeling detached because you just don't easily connect. Figuring out WHY has probably been the biggest lesson learned. With that knowledge, I can see the bigger picture and understand my place in things.

I guess, ultimately, I just know how to accept myself and my quirks and am able to more easily put myself out there. It's been incredibly rewarding and a positive point in my life.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    maybe you just can't see beauty beyond skin deep. maybe others can.
    I wasn't aware this was a forum for people with x-ray vision.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    infp

I've learned ta lot about other people, which of course has also taught me things about myself. I've learned that what other people say, even if it's about you, is really a reflection of their thinking and not neccessarily the essence of your actions. I believe only someone you are very close to, who knows you very well, and who is somewhat like minded, can really say anything about you that is valid enough to offer you any real personal growth or insight. Earlier I thought that anyone's thoughts of you automatically had truth to them, untill several people's misconceptions of my personality, as well as my own misconceptions of other people, caused me to realize that we are all pretty much ignorant to the thoughs and functions of others and that the same is true about them of you.

I've learned that submitting to a superior power, which in the context of this forum, is probably the insight and wisdom that the older people here have compared to myself, is important if one is trying to learn. Reading your thoughts on various issues has given me a lot of insights and supplemented my own, because you have a veriety of experiences and intellectual leanings I can take from, and your older age also gives some things somewhat of a historical context (although I realize you arn't that old, hahaha). In life in general this amounts to me needing to shut the fuck up and just learn, and that sometimes I don't need to try to contribute to absolutely every issue because the reality is I havn't developed the skills and discipline yet to make the kind of impact I want to.

I've discovered that sometimes I get into emotional states that make me dillusional and pessimistic, but that exercising these moments helps me act more rationally and with more personal integrity, vision, identity, and emotional harmony than I would otherwise.

I've learned that even people who are phenomenal and inspiring can be broken, or may have some intense personal struggles in their past and present, and that thats ok and doesn't make them any less. In some cases it makes them so much more, and puts the concepts of pain and the value of suffering as a sacrifice for a greater goal in perspective.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I've learned ta lot about other people, which of course has also taught me things about myself. I've learned that what other people say, even if it's about you, is really a reflection of their thinking and not neccessarily the essence of your actions. I believe only someone you are very close to, who knows you very well, and who is somewhat like minded, can really say anything about you that is valid enough to offer you any real personal growth or insight. Earlier I thought that anyone's thoughts of you automatically had truth to them, untill several people's misconceptions of my personality, as well as my own misconceptions of other people, caused me to realize that we are all pretty much ignorant to the thoughs and functions of others and that the same is true about them of you.

I've learned that submitting to a superior power, which in the context of this forum, is probably the insight and wisdom that the older people here have compared to myself, is important if one is trying to learn. Reading your thoughts on various issues has given me a lot of insights and supplemented my own, because you have a veriety of experiences and intellectual leanings I can take from, and your older age also gives some things somewhat of a historical context (although I realize you arn't that old, hahaha). In life in general this amounts to me needing to shut the fuck up and just learn, and that sometimes I don't need to try to contribute to absolutely every issue because the reality is I havn't developed the skills and discipline yet to make the kind of impact I want to.

I've discovered that sometimes I get into emotional states that make me dillusional and pessimistic, but that exercising these moments helps me act more rationally and with more personal integrity, vision, identity, and emotional harmony than I would otherwise.

I've learned that even people who are phenomenal and inspiring can be broken, or may have some intense personal struggles in their past and present, and that thats ok and doesn't make them any less. In some cases it makes them so much more, and puts the concepts of pain and the value of suffering as a sacrifice for a greater goal in perspective.
    i dig this.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't really feel as if I've discovered much at all.

It's more like getting confirmation about things I already sorta knew.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

My penchant for the darkside of the psyche. Much like any other wizard and black magic, i must resist the temptation to use it too much.

I am an extrovert.

I am very engaging.
    I N V I C T U S

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I've learned to get the fuck off these stupid forums because unlike Fluffywolf up there, getting confirmation about things I already sorta knew is simply non-existant. The shit that goes on here is so ridiculous, people leading others on, using technology in ways most people aren't even vaguely aware of in order to mislead and for what? Some kind of joke? You elitist, intellectual people are absolutely sickening sometimes. Really, tell me, what is the real purpose of tossing around names and faces just to confuse somebody? For Pete's sake and only Pete's sake, I'm asking you to stop using your little games to try to throw me off track. For a while I thought maybe there were people here who actually cared about me but now I'm finding that it's just me being led away from the truth by you. If you think you're helping consider this: doing what you're doing is pretty contemptible in terms of how friends treat each other.