User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I didn't discover much about myself since for the most of my life I am alone so I know myself quite well. However my understanding of others is much better now then it was before.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I've learned just how much I use non-verbal communication to make my message acceptable to people's ears. Much of what I say that would persuade IRL falls flat here. It's been a good experience. It makes me more careful with my words and the people I've practiced on seemed tough enough to take it, lol.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I have learned that I don't do a very good job communicating both in RL and online,lol.

I am learning though how to get better and being on here is good practice to learn how to express myself in different ways and learn all the different ways I am perceived by others and how I need to clarify better and how I assume too much.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've been around as mod staff since before Day #1 here and actually did help assemble some of the original membership when we migrated out of INTPCentral -- this was waaaay back in April 2007. This forum still means a lot to me, even though it's changed greatly from the initial concept and although mostly I just mod now if I participate much at all. It has been a highly instructional mirror that I've used to see parts of myself that could not come into focus just on my lonesome.

I've learned that I'm

• perceived at face value, actually a lovable person, not invisible/non-existent and certainly not "bad" or only acceptable in part. This was a hard lesson for me to accept due to the implications, but I've been able to see that I am acceptable and even liked.
    • more complicated than I thought, I don't really fit into a box well. I mix disparate styles of processing and decision-making rather than being strong in one like many are. This gives me some unique strengths and disadvantages but also can lead to people who don't know me well to miscategorize me initially, and I have to be aware of it if I want to understand any reactions I get.
    • more socially/communally competent than I had ever believed possible and that I could actually express believable emotional warmth without sacrificing intellectual integrity.
    • tempted to make decisions partly in way to appease others or to defend my actions prematurely, and that I needed to back off and not worry so much about other people's judgments of me.
    • pretty intuitive and enjoy that more than the laborious data collection/crunching process, so it's easy for me to be lazy and not approach a topic as carefully as I should.... which means I need to either invest more in the topic or accept that I won't be able to discuss things as in depth as some others here are able to.
    • capable of some insightful detached analysis but also some pretty fierce passions, depending on the topic and the context.

The mirror analogy above really holds. I had ideas in my head about who I was, but the reflection I get back from various types of people here helps me calibrate that mental self-image and reveal to me where there might be flaws or distortions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

I wouldn't even know where to start.

Communication, perception, rationalising, judging and so much more.

I still have a ways to go. I am happy to keep plodding along though to learn everything i possibly can.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I've discovered that I'm not as cold as I tried to convince myself I was.
    Same . I'm more emotional than I realized. By not denying it and going with my heart over my head, I feel happier. It's more natural.

I also feel less like a weirdo, or at least prouder to be one.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I discovered I'm not alone in a lot of my personality traits.

I discovered some of the things I was saying/doing that created or sustained communication barriers between me and the people in my life.

I discovered that I still have a long way to go in communicating because many people still seem to misunderstand me, despite my feeling like I am very open.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've discovered that I am pretty much awesome at everything. I will be famous someday and will be on t.v. Watch for me.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I only joined a few months ago though I've known about MBTI and other things for years. For me this is my "NF hang out place." I'm used to being the only NF in otherwise NT and/or STJ environments. I feel like much of the external circumstances of my life have been "what NF's should NOT do!!!", and generally not of my choice or desire. I've spent about the last 8-10 years of my life working/schooling in INTJ-land [physics grad school, physics research, engineering with physics people], and before that always on the outer edge of STJ-land [military brat]. I think NF's bring, or at least can bring, a lot of helpful balance to those and other environments, but again I'm used to being the ONLY NF in those groups. It's funny, the military never made me feel "lacking" or "wimpy" or "overly-emotional", and of any culture I've ever been around it is by FAR the one I most respect, but I have had all of those problems, and plenty of others, probably every single day while in INTJ-land. This site is one of the few places I can go and feel "supported" as an NF instead of "looked down on" for it.

It's very soothing and comforting talking to other NF's, and in particular NFP's. And where else can I crack "quantum mechanics as pick up lines" jokes??? You know, its funny, the field I work is has some QM to it. I took 4 years of QM in school, 3 of them while in grad school. I got out of that into specialized classes for my field, and the profs said, I kid you not "quantum mechanics is hard, we're not going to deal with it". 4 years of QM for that!!! And about all I have to show for it is joking pick up lines.

Oh, and I like hearing form people who live in other countries. I like our multi-country representation here.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I've realized that people will think what they think regardless of how I may want to change their opinions of me. And to not let this screw up the way I communicate.

I've also discovered that I'm not what people consider to be normal, and it sucks.