User Tag List

First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I live to extract the very maximum I can from life, in terms of fun experiences, relationships, etc. My goal is to be as happy as I can for as long as I can. This is pretty broad though and incorporates many things that make me happy.

I'm curious to see the differences between types here, though it's pretty predictable I guess.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Why ask why, Bud Dry,lol.

Seriously though- what gets me up and going is simply the enjoyment and experiences of life. I am fascinated by everything about life- about my inner self- other's inner selves-God- love and relationships and warm fuzzies- free samples and crappola- learning how one person can impact many lives-personal growth- the earth- space- laughter- emotion- animals and learning.

I think of my life as a story being written by the second- and I try to make it an interesting story and one that I would enjoy to read at the end of my life.

Nothing in life is too bad if one can make it into a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. Add Italian composer Luciano Michelini's, Frolic, and you're in business. zSHARE - 01-luciano_michelini-frolic-jce.mp3

I guess to put it another way too is Life is a Stage and we are all Actors-
    that's encouraging -it says Opportunity! and it is motivating me although I know it probably wasn't meant to be,lol- I want to put on a good show and the show must always go on!
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Moment-to-moment satisfaction. One day I will die. I will try to keep myself amused until then.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I need to chart my own course through life in a way that is unusual, novel, and displays a unique but uncanny form of competence. Also I desire to look cool, impressive or entertaining while doing so.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

I want to be more than a man. It's an impossible concept to describe. I want the perfection of myself and those things I control. If it's achievable, it isn't a lofty enough goal. Why am I this way? I very much wish I knew. I think I am afraid that if I dwell too much on it, and realize that I have no purpose (or no reason to have the purpose that I have) that I won't really be anything...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    Moment-to-moment satisfaction. One day I will die. I will try to keep myself amused until then.
    i like this one, but to add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    Moment-to-moment satisfaction. One day I will die or find my mission in life. I will try to keep myself well read, informed and amused until then.

MBTI
    INTJ

Why do I do it? I don't really know until I've done it...you see, it's not done yet.

Why do I get up in the mornings? I'm not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I don't want to die - I want to retire the fastest way possible.

When I retire, I want to see the world, learn about people and why they are the way they are, I want to help people in my own INTJ way. In a way, be it good or bad (although I have pt to keep me grounded), I want to influence the world and shape it the way I think it should be. In order to do that, I need a lot of money and power - that I can only achieve in time (although it might not be in my lifetime), but I want to make a difference, I want to make people I care about or people that I think are less fortunate happy.

I don't want to die without trying to make a difference. A lot of great things have happened in the world - I want to be one of those people that have touched many people's lives and made a positive difference in their world (I'll start with pt and the people around me)...

I hope this makes sense, this is such a deep question for me, I don't know if the words I used made any sense.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why do you do it?
    I ask myself that all the time. I'll let you know if I ever answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INTJ

Because I am scared of, and no ready for, the alternative. Anyhow I do manage to escape from my problems most of the time through my computer, and I have a select few people I care a great deal about.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    My question, then, becomes: Putting all MBTI terminology and what have you aside, what is your life premise? Why do you do it?
    They say, "Living well is the best revenge." So I work to acquire a little financial security, I exercise to stay relatively healthy, I aspire to keep up on current events and understand the world around me so that I'm not blindsided or confused by the world, I keep a few good people close by (wife, friends, acquaintances) and treat them well, I sample the good things in life (travel, recreation, culture), and so on. And with that, I'm done. I've got my "revenge." No need to explain myself to others or envy anyone. Life is good, I've got my piece of the pie, and any naysayers can go to hell.

Or to put it more succinctly: Just marking time as comfortably as possible until the inevitable end.