User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Views on ghosts/orbs etc

Apologies if this subject has already been posted or if i have placed it in the wrong area.

A few years back a good friend of the family came round and showed us 2 pictures from a family get together. The first was similar to this.

and the second was similar to this.

Obviously i was fascinated and fearful at the same time due to the experiences i have had in this area.

I was wondering have you had any experiences with ghosts/spirits etc.

Are you a believer or not?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Phantonym

I've had no experiences with ghosts whatsoever. And I'm not a believer either. Show me some evidence, then I might start to consider believing something but until then, no way.

I've seen pictures exhibiting the same phenomenon before but the tests by some "know-it-all-about-such-things-people" were inconclusive so...yeah, I'm not buying it.

MBTI
    ISFJ

The questions isn't whether there are ghosts or not. It's - if there are ghosts, why should we fear them and why should they want to harm us in any way?

Having said that, I do not believe in ghosts, no.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Apologies if this subject has already been posted or if i have placed it in the wrong area.

A few years back a good friend of the family came round and showed us 2 pictures from a family get together. The first was similar to this.

Look at the background. What is happening at the same time this picture was taken? There is another guy taking a picture with flash at exactly the same time.

See the Christmas tree and snow. This is a cold winter day. Somebody open the door to a heated house and the warm air immediately condensed into stream / water vapor. The light from the flash is probably bouncing off the condensation.

Only feelers would see ghosts here.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The questions isn't whether there are ghosts or not. It's - if there are ghosts, why should we fear them and why should they want to harm us in any way?
    Haha. Yes. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Look at the background. What is happening at the same time this picture was taken? There is another guy taking a picture with flash at exactly the same time.
    Or, it's dust on the lense.

MBTI
    ESFJ

OK .. Deep breathe.

What's with the closed mindedness. Of course if you don't have an open mind, your less likely to experience anything.

At the family get together, the first pic taken in the garden, 2 eldery people i think were posing for a pic, it was late in the evening. The second was taken on the road to show the front of the house and people leaving. The mist was infront of the wall to the garden. This bloke, our friend was an ENTx, he knew noone had messed with the digital camera as he took the pics. He did send them off to find out just what they were, although he already knew.

Maybe your right. It is a S thing. Me, my mum and my kid have all experienced things and we are all S's.
    But when my ex sent me pics of our new house in Canada, i instantly saw it and asked him about the basement. There was a light (orb) near the wall and i asked him if the basement felt cold or anything and told him to check out the pic. It wasn't until we were all living there that both him and me kept seeing a shadow in the basement. The amount of times i thought someone was standing and looking at me was more than a few and he said the same thing (he wasn't an S). So wish i hadn't deleted everything to do with him now.

My kid in our old house in the UK for 9 years since the day we moved in, told me on an almost daily basis that someone in the night would walk along the landing, into his room (the kids shared a room) and through the wall. He has also seen a man standing at the door just staring and there was a lady with white head looking down on him in bed (he was on the top bunk). It scared him to death. Now me and ex one night went into their room and took pic with the digital camera and nothing showed up.
    Can i prove it happened, No. Can i prove it didn't happen, No.

Google images show 882,000 pics of orbs and 553,000 of ghostly mist. Now obviously i am not going to go through allt he pics to find out which are fake/digitally enhanced and which are real.
    But if everyone of them are fake. Wow, is all i can say.

Each to their own i suppose.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

What's with the closed mindedness. Of course if you don't have an open mind, your less likely to experience anything.
    Because it's nothing short of superstition. Nothing has been proven and that Ghost Hunters show has convinced me that ghosts/spirits are crap("Let's shout things in long-abandoned homes, any difference has to be a ghost!")

Phantonym

Oh, I'd love to experience an encounter with a supernatural anything I can fully acknowledge that there might be something out there that I'm not able to sense and that there are people who claim to be more sensitive towards anything supernatural. I'm just not going to be gaga-eyed about everything these people feed me because there cannot be anything conclusive about this subject. These things might or might not exist, and I'm going to observe it all when things are presented to me and see what happens with all of this. So far, it's all been inconclusive and questionable.

MBTI
    TRUE

Just as close mindedness can make one reject any answer that doesn't endorse what they already believe.

Google images show 882,000 pics of orbs and 553,000 of ghostly mist. Now obviously i am not going to go through allt he pics to find out which are fake/digitally enhanced and which are real.
    But if everyone of them are fake. Wow, is all i can say.
    Chances are that none of them are fake. It's just as likely they are not enhanced. Depending on your expectations of a camera the orbs have become fairly common in pictures due to the increase in digital photography. The lower end cameras are remarkable for what they can do, but they are also prone to the creation of blotched images (orbs), especially where there is a sudden, sharp contrast of light and dark at the scene. It's almost as easy to find websites that explain why it happens as it is to find those that claim supernatural causes. It's just not as much fun.
    Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I always assumed that "orbs" in photographs were just particles/dust in the air with a flash bouncing off them.

that's definitely what the first picture looks like to me.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.