User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol .. I know Ivy .. I am just trying to make the subject a little light hearted.

I do see where you are coming from. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Its just should mine be discounted because i have no proof.
    I have no reason to make it up.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I also believe in spirits, entities, demons or what have you. My grandmother was a very devout Catholic all her life. I used to see her on an almost daily basis. So one time I went to see her and she had this bump on her head. I asked her what happened?

She said that something was shaking her bed so hard that she fell off the bed and ran for the bathroom. I talked with my mom some time later and she said that sometimes the covers are pulled off of her or it feels like someone is sitting on her chest. She would no matter what wake up every morning at 4 a.m. to pray for an hour beside her bed, before getting to make food for the day, so that if anyone came over there would be something ready to eat. There is no way my grandmother was making it up or suffering hallucinations. She didn't talk about it, at least while the the grandkids were around.

My mom and dad have a few things of their own, my mom still does, but for some odd reason she will never mention it. The only reason I know about what she experiences is because my outgoing talking aunt, who she is close to, told me one time. She was worried about her, but also felt strange feelings in the house when he went to visit.

I think the first picture is picking up dust and pollen, the flash seemed to have caught it. I know sometimes when the house is somewhat dark and the sun is going down. I might leave the front door open to let the fading sunlight into the house and just watch dust float around.

There is a site called Willard's Library that you can watch for ghosts. Is it real? I don't believe a Public Library would stage a gag, just for the laughs of it.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in UFO's. I saw one before and I wasn't alone. It was freaky!

I have the same opinion of ghosts that I have of aliens/UFOs. They may exist, they may even likely exist, but I've never seen a single convincing example of either.

As far as ghosts and the reported actions of ghosts, I think there is a world of possibilities (some natural, some supernatural) that don't fall under the common description of a "ghost". Maybe they're electromagnetic residue that living beings naturally leave behind. Maybe they're powerful hallucinations or manifestation of psychokinesis we don't understand. The problem is that any natural activity that we've yet to discover or explain appears supernatural. If someone living in 1900 saw a hologram, they'd think it was a ghost, too.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I have the same opinion of ghosts that I have of aliens/UFOs. They may exist, they may even likely exist, but I've never seen a single convincing example of either.

As far as ghosts and the reported actions of ghosts, I think there is a world of possibilities (some natural, some supernatural) that don't fall under the common description of a "ghost". Maybe they're electromagnetic residue that living beings naturally leave behind. Maybe they're powerful hallucinations or manifestation of psychokinesis we don't understand. The problem is that any natural activity that we've yet to discover or explain appears supernatural. If someone living in 1900 saw a hologram, they'd think it was a ghost, too.
    Exactly. This is why I don't believe in "the supernatural"- if it happens or exists, it's natural! I fully accept there are things we don't yet understand, but it seems a GIANT leap to assert that they are the spirits of people who have died.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Not trying to knock anyone, but to me the first picture looks like a dirty lens and the second one looks like hot air blowing out in the cold being captured.

But I do believe in good and bad energies.

And UFO's yes, because I can't see how we are the only living things in all of the universe.
    Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by syckkz View Post
    And UFO's yes, because I can't see how we are the only living things in all of the universe.
    But there is a huge leap between "there are other intelligent beings in the universe" and "they have visited us and are in fact responsible for what we call UFOs".

/derail
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Eiddy .. that would just scare the crap out of me.

A few weeks back, i was lying in bed thinking (no surprise there) and something sat on the edge of the bed, i actually felt the weight and heard the creak of the bed. I thought, noone is sitting there as my leg is in the way.
    So keeping my legs exactly where they were, i twisted myself to look and no, there was a nice ample space there.
    It didn't scare me though. I know someone is just looking in on me, they know whats going on.

Giggly. I have never seen a UFO, but my step father was driving at snails pace down a very busy road here in Leicester. Something came down the road at some speed skimmed the cars and took off. People including my stepdad just got out their cars and stared at each other gobsmacked. This was in total daylight. Wooooo.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Yeah, my daughter also says shes sees them usually at night and sometimes during the day. She refuses to sleep in her room unless her 3 year old sister is with her and the light is on. I don't make a big deal about it. What ever she is comfortable with works for me.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    But there is a huge leap between "there are other intelligent beings in the universe" and "they have visited us and are in fact responsible for what we call UFOs".

/derail
    True there is no real evidence of them visiting, just people claiming.

But it really makes me wonder after seeing that even in ancient civilizations there are drawings of their "encounters". But then again some people love to make sense of things they think they saw and assume irrational things.

So I'm on the fence on this.
    Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.