User Tag List

First 1234 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I agree with scanty above. The first looks like dust, the second like water vapor. 'orbs' can also be pollen, moisture in the air...lots of other things that show up on camera. Real orbs aren't necessarily paranormal, they're collections of energy and usually can be seen with the naked eye as they give off their own light. Nice pics though, especially the second one.

Edit: The second one could also be breath fogging in the cold air, someone smoking. etc. Don't give up! Keep trying.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Maybe your right. It is a S thing. Me, my mum and my kid have all experienced things and we are all S's.
    Google images show 882,000 pics of orbs and 553,000 of ghostly mist. Now obviously i am not going to go through allt he pics to find out which are fake/digitally enhanced and which are real.
    But if everyone of them are fake. Wow, is all i can say.

Each to their own i suppose.
    Um, no thanks, leave the rest of us out of it. I don't want your orbs.

This is an example of poor photography and reading too much into a simple thing. Ironically by S people, but we can use faulty intuition as much as Ns can, I guess. Btw, pictures like those are pretty common, I've gotten some like that before. Camera lenses aren't like eyes, they get messed up in non-ideal situations like if anything is on the lens, or if there is fog around (I've gotten some really neat fog/vapour shots before actually, the camera seems to pick up much more than the eye).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Mama always said, be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it's possible that ghosts exist, but I think those photos are just camera anomalies, unusual weather conditions, or Photoshop.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think it's possible that ghosts exist, but I think those photos are just camera anomalies and/or Photoshop.
    I agree.

I also think it's actually less open-minded to leap to the conclusion that something is supernatural, rather than considering all of the regular-old-natural explanations there could be. Like the orb in the basement:

Quote Originally Posted by saslou
    But when my ex sent me pics of our new house in Canada, i instantly saw it and asked him about the basement. There was a light (orb) near the wall and i asked him if the basement felt cold or anything and told him to check out the pic. It wasn't until we were all living there that both him and me kept seeing a shadow in the basement.
    Is there no other possible explanation for a basement being cold or shadowy? Really?

MBTI
    INTP

The first picture would have to be a freaking ghost convention, if all the orbs were ghosts.

I'm a sucker for ghost shows, but they never find anything. Ghost Hunters is 95% rolling up equipment and 5% telling the homeowner there aren't any ghosts in their houses.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Um, no thanks, leave the rest of us out of it. I don't want your orbs.

This is an example of poor photography and reading too much into a simple thing. Ironically by S people, but we can use faulty intuition as much as Ns can, I guess. Btw, pictures like those are pretty common, I've gotten some like that before. Camera lenses aren't like eyes, they get messed up in non-ideal situations like if anything is on the lens, or if there is fog around (I've gotten some really neat fog/vapour shots before actually, the camera seems to pick up much more than the eye).
    Sorry. Maybe it is not an S thing then, just maybe an individual thing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

Is there no other possible explanation for a basement being cold or shadowy? Really?
    It wasn't cold, just like someone walked across the room and you look as your expecting someone to be there, but instead you get a second's glimpse of a shadow then it went.

Maybe it is just all in my head. Oh well.
    No harm asking.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    I

Haha, I disagree with most of you non-believers. I do believe in ghosts, spirits, and entitities giving out energy. Maybe it's the ghost shows I've watched talking, but I do believe in these spirits. They can either be good or bad.

I personally haven't come into contact with them, but I know family members and friends who have. They've shared their stories, and from what I can tell, they are not joking or mentally unhealthy. Two of these true examples I can remember straight off the bat - one involves the ghost of an old lady staring outside an old house and the other is a friendly ghost who lives in a house who doesn't do any harm to the owner.

As for your pictures saslou, the first one doesn't look like there's any sort of ghost or anything. I can't explain it, but I doubt it's having to do with any supernatural entity. As for the second one, that looks more ghostly because of the shape of the cloudy form. It's also a very large shape, almost looks like a person. And you did mention your son seeing these ghostly figures, there's definitely some credibility to be put in that.

I believe ghosts do exist, I don't have to see it firsthand to believe it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Thank you TheChosenOne for your input.

How could my kid make something like that up. I know who the white haired woman is. I told my kid, she is just checking in to make sure your alright. I've never let him watch horror/scary movies until a few months ago. So how could the idea get in his head in the first place.

I have been waiting for nutters with pitch forks to drag me to the stake.
    Hmmmm. Think i might of been there before in a past life.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Relax, saslou- nobody is waving any pitchfork at you, and nobody has said your kid made it up. But these things always seem to happen when a person is in bed, either upon going to sleep or waking up in the night. This is because, in that twilight zone between waking and sleeping, people often see things that aren't there.