User Tag List

Thread: Forgetfullness

your resident asshole

Default Forgetfullness

I seem to forget things a lot. Like I find that often when I walk into another room to do or get something, I completely forget what I'm doing. Then I get frustrated because I don't know if it was something important or not.

I find that I also have trouble remembering multiple small items like I need to for dance. I may remember all of my costumes I need, but forget all of the accessories. I always know that I'm forgetting something when I leave, but usually I only remember what that something is when I'm halfway or completely at my destination. Then my mom has to drive back and forth from my house to wherever I am multiple times until I remember everything. My mom is never that pleased about it. It can also pose as a problem if I'm at a dance competition that's far away from the house. You can't really run back and forth then. :/

Sometimes I try repeating words or phrases of what I'm going to do so I don't forget, but if I run into a distraction along the way I can forget what I was saying. I guess my short-term memory isn't so great.

Tips? Similar problems?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'm pretty forgetful, so I write everything down. The documents folder on my computer is full of notepad files of things. I make myself itineraries and I draw maps even when I'm familiar with the area. I used to be kind of averse to it because it seems hyper-rigorous, but I feel a lot better having things written out. So if I usually forget to bring things, I make a checklist and leave it somewhere I'll see it before I leave the house. If you still have problems, for example if you are so busy that you don't have time to stop and look for a list, you might think about reorganizing your schedule and setting aside time to do things like put everything you'll need into a bag.

Phantonym

My short-term memory is not that great either but I have plan B and C in case I am going to forget things I have to do.

I have the calendar in my cell phone full of trivial reminders such as "Get milk!", so that's always beeping.
    And I also have my front door full of Post-it's reminding me of things I have to do such as "Get milk!"
    Sometimes they help, sometimes they don't but I'm sure going to be reminded about it when I close my front door when I come home - "Got milk?" - "No"

MBTI
    ESFJ

I do have moments such as, i go into the kitchen from the living room to get something and just stand thinking, what the hell did i want.

Other things such at appointments etc, they are all ingrained in my brain although i am worried i will forget. I really do need a calender, but we are half way through the year so noone is selling them.
    I really do wish i could forget some dates though. Lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    NICE

Now. What was I going to say..?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't remember ever forgetting anything.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

So, Fluffy, basically, you forgot it?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I said exactly what I needed to say.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Oh, I already forgot what you said