User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Compliments and type

Until recently, it never really occurred to me that different types enjoy different styles of compliments/recognition.

Name your type and what would be the best kind of compliment or recognition for you both in the workplace and in your social circle. I'd be curious to see what is same or different...

your resident asshole

I really don't like it when people compliment me. Often I think that people do it out of pity for me or because they feel they have to. Just generally appreciating me works best.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Okay, let me amend that then to how people can show their appreciation for you.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Definitely a small show of appreciation. Hopefully not in front of others, it just means more when it's face to face and personable. In front of others would just feel like it was given under false pretenses.

Edit: let me amend my show of appreciation, a small "sincere" gesture of thanks for the help. If it seems insincere in the slightest it would be better to keep the appreciation to oneself.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Okay, let me amend that then to how people can show their appreciation for you.
    Hmm. Spending time with me, I suppose. But I don't like it when people hug me unless I'm really close to them. It gets awkward that way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I really don't like it when people compliment me. Often I think that people do it out of pity for me or because they feel they have to. Just generally appreciating me works best.
    This is a pretty ISJ attitude. At this point I think you should seriously consider ISFJ, even if you don't enjoy providing overt emotional support for people. That could easily just be a function of strong introversion.

If you take a generally cautious and measured approach to life because you think the established methods tend to work better than experimental ones, and you're good at putting just the right personal touch on your interactions with others to get the message across/get the task completed without hurting feelings, you could very well be an ISFJ.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This is a pretty ISJ attitude. At this point I think you should seriously consider ISFJ, even if you don't enjoy providing overt emotional support for people. That could easily just be a function of strong introversion.

If you take a generally cautious and measured approach to life because you think the established methods tend to work better than experimental ones, and you're good at putting just the right personal touch on your interactions with others to get the message across/get the task completed without hurting feelings, you could very well be an ISFJ.
    Nice observation. Thanks, I think this is the nicest thing anyone has said about ISFJ's.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Here's one I got today- and it was lovely to me.

"I could not define you if I were to summon all the graces of my mind and the greatest of philosophers"

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Wow, Kristen that must have been quite an impression you left there. Beautiful.
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm generally unmoved by compliments. Sometimes I think they might encourage me or boost my self-esteem, but they usually don't. (So I've been seeking long-term solutions.)

People may tell me I'm good, but I never feel that I'm good enough.