User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Earliest memories and type

How far back do you remember?

Do you think that has anything to do with personality type or is it unrelated?

I distinctly remember several things from when I was two and am surprised to realize how much I felt like I do now even back then. Scary in terms of having kids to realize how much sticks with them!

I have friends that really don't remember any of their school teachers or much about school until about high school...

heart on fire

I remember something from age three.

MBTI
    infp

I don't really remember much from my early childhood, I have a vague recollection of my biological mother's legs walking around me, the old Tom and jerry cartoons where you only see the woman's legs, always trigger off a memory of those legs around me.

Most of my memories are from after my biological mother left us (aged 4) , before that is just a blur.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Memory: Repeating a phrase my mother didn't appreciate over and over after hearing a cousin say it, and having my mom suddenly get embarrassed and say, "that's enough!!" Also, from the same day, eating chocolate meringue shaped like mushrooms, which i found clever. I was 2 years old.

how it relates to my personality: I hatehatehate sudden unfair criticism, especially in front of other people.

Memory 2: picking out a stuffed animal at the store as a reward from breaking myself from thumb-sucking...I blew right past the bears and unicorns, and chose a giant sad looking bulldog with soulful eyes. There was a big display of identical ones, but I had to have this certain one. Because he needed me. 'Nuff said. I was 3 years old.

Memory 3: Jumping on the bed at my great aunt's house, and my 2yo brother falling and cracking his kneecap...and feeling intense guilt, because I'd talked him into jumping with me. Nobody was mad at me (which I found odd), but I felt awful. I must've been 3 then, too.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    How far back do you remember?

Do you think that has anything to do with personality type or is it unrelated?

I distinctly remember several things from when I was two and am surprised to realize how much I felt like I do now even back then. Scary in terms of having kids to realize how much sticks with them!

I have friends that really don't remember any of their school teachers or much about school until about high school...
    I remember things from when I was like 2 years old, but the weird thing is, is that I remember them in 3rd person as if I were watching it happen instead when the things occuring instead of actually experiencing them t :S I dunno, maybe it's dreams that I'm remembering or something.

your resident asshole

Even though I'm pretty young, I can't remember as far back as most people can. Age two and three? <.> I do have a distinct memory of me one day waking up and being unable to remember what happened any day prior to that one. I got really frustrated because I couldn't remember anything. Maybe that has something to do with it. I was probably four or something like that. :/

Phantonym

The earliest memory I have from my childhood was when I was three years old. I've thought about this often but I cannot get anything from an earlier age.

My brother was just born and me and my dad were waiting in the hospital lobby for my mom and my brother to come down. I remember holding on to my dad's fingers, he always had this habit of holding his pinky finger over my hand and I hated that. So, the elevator doors opened and there they were. Then it's a blur and suddenly we're sitting in the car and I'm trying to get a peek of my brother's face. It was horrible, I tell you. Red and wrinkly But here's where the memory gets even more blurrier and I cannot swear if the last bit was real or from a book I read that had a similar thing happening.

The other memory is from a later time when my brother was a bit older. My mom had fixed a bottle of formula for him and gave it to me to carry upstairs. She gave me a warning not to give it to him straight away because it was still hot but I guess I forgot (peabrain ) and he burned his mouth and started crying. I distinctly remember the feeling of wonder because I didn't realize how it would be something bad.

Can't say if this has anything to do with type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Probably between ages 2 and 3 I remember. I had a lot going on at that point in my life, lots of new friends and siblings to make happy memories with. ...Also I find photos of that part of my life everywhere, which I'm sure helps my fragile memory.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

garbage

My earliest memory took place in fourth grade.

I pretty much have no memory of anything before my senior year of high school.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have vague recollections, but I didn't start filing memories with time stamps until I was like 8 years old.

So no idea.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf