INFP

I barely remember the '90's. Seriously.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ooh, just remembered something.

My earliest memory that I have was at kindergarten, I just remember something I can put in a time schedule! There were blue thingies with lots of toys in them.

I must have been 2. Since I went to elementary at 3.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

Earliest memory.

I remember (like it happened yesterday) standing in a bedroom looking at the 2 single beds and seeing the curtains which were green with white spots and the ginger cat coming from under one of the beds.

My mum was gobsmacked when i asked her about this memory as apparantly we were only living in 'that' house until i was 16 months old.

I may of been very forward for my age as a young child but to remember something from before 16 months ... Hmmm, how do i know this??????

Also have quite a few memories from before i was 5 yrs old.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My mother remembers something from when she was 6 months old. A vivid image. Much like yours, of a house, or in this case a window of a house, but when she was 6 months old they moved out of the house. :P

I think many people might have images or recollections of very very young ages, but they only stand out if things changed. If you're in the same house until you're 6, who knows when you had some of your memories? It's not like you have a sense of time when that young. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I remember something from when I was 3, but it's not pretty so I won't share it. I have a pretty good memory from when I was younger, but then there's a certain point where it all blends together in my 20s - they were a blur.

Around 3 it started to be retained, but, very sporadic memories.

Age 3:

One, riding the bus to my nursery school, and being the last 'stop' meant I never got the back seats, and thus, would always stand at the front of the bus, and having a 'friend' (our mothers were friends, thus, we were 'friends' by default) who got picked up with me at the same 'stop'. I remember being thorougly puzzled because every time the bus would come to pick us up, he'd start crying and clinging to his mom - and I remember looking at my mom with a look (and feeling of): "What a weirdo! Why is he doing that?" And, I remember his mom kept saying, "Look at Q, she's not crying, come on now, be a big boy."

Two, I remember chasing ducklings at my grandma's house (there was a pond right beside her house), and falling in and nearly drowning (her maid saw me go in and dove in to save me).

Almost 4, just starting kindergarten, I remember coming home one day from school and with enthusiam, telling my mom how special I was because unlike all the other students who had to sit on stuffy desks, I was especially chosen to sit on the floor and had the WHOLE cool floor to myself. I found this especially a bonus as it was quite the summer heat, and the floor seemed like a welcoming reward, and something no one else got to do - just me. To which my mother had to exasperately explain, that, indeed I wasn't being treated extra special but that it was a punishment for being bad.

Edit: OH! I also remember finding bugs fascinating because they looked like dots moving, and thus, eating them (this was earlier, 2ish) - spiders were apparently a fave of mine.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My mother remembers something from when she was 6 months old. A vivid image. Much like yours, of a house, or in this case a window of a house, but when she was 6 months old they moved out of the house. :P

I think many people might have images or recollections of very very young ages, but they only stand out if things changed. If you're in the same house until you're 6, who knows when you had some of your memories? It's not like you have a sense of time when that young. :P
    Interesting. Got me thinking now. I think my memories from early childhood all made me think/react so maybe thats why they are ingrained.

The cat in the room (16 months) - Intrigue
    The staircase (18 months old) - fractured skull from falling down it.
    Part of the back garden (2-3yrs) - The rabbit tried to eat my little brother.
    In playschool (3-4yrs)- Intrigued by pulling off the legs of 'daddy long legs'. *shivers*

Hmmm.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I remember when I was 4 and we had nap time in school. And the one who was the quietest got to wake everyone else up by tapping a fairy wand on their foreheads. I was never chosen. So one day when the class pet reached over to tap me, I sprung up and snatched the wand and started beating her with it.

MBTI
    INFP

My earliest clear memory was sometime between 1 and 2, crawling into a china-cabinet. I know it was around then only because I've seen a photo of it. I looked closer to 1 than 2. Later, I remember being bummed because my best friend had turned 5 and I was still 4 for a few more months. I'm sure I have memories between those two, but (as Fluffy put it) nothing with time-stamps attached. I remember bits and pieces of being potty-trained, and that usually happens pretty early right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I remember when I was 4 and we had nap time in school. And the one who was the quietest got to wake everyone else up by tapping a fairy wand on their foreheads. I was never chosen. So one day when the class pet reached over to tap me, I sprung up and snatched the wand and started beating her with it.
    Why am i not surprised. Lol. Revenge is sweet when your young.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe