User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That which doesn't kill you...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    Do you think that experiencing very difficult situations is generally something positive that leaves you stronger, or something that can leave you empty, worn out, and dejected?

Share a difficult situation you've been through and whether or not you think it was beneficial for you in the long run and why?
    I think it depends on the situation. Not everything will make you stronger. Just take the examples of those who've been tormented by child abuse - unfortunately they become weaker mentally and psychologically. But then of course you've also got people who've become tougher from living in dangerous situations. It goes both ways, it depends on the experience, the person, the person's environment and support, etc.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

That's why I said that whatever doesn't kill us reveals what we are.
    Some people rise to the occasion, others can't or won't.
    But the crucible burns away all the dross and we can finally clearly see what's left and then we have something to work with.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft