User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Default What "letter" do you think most people mistype themselves as?

I vs E? - Are some Introverts just socially awkward E's? Or E's just because they feel they interact well with others and therefore are extroverts?

N vs S? - Does everyone just enjoy the whole concept of being intuitive therefore people type themselves as such because it seems deeper? Or S's because it seems more "grounded"?

T vs F? - With the potential bias towards thinking as being more "objective, do people shy away from typing themselves as a "feeler" (not a feeler-upper btw.)

J vs P? - J's "get things done" and "tell it like it is" - or is it preferable being considered someone who keeps options open?

SO - which of the four pairs above do you think is most often mistyped during the process of discovering your own type and why.

I am interested to hear everyone's light-hearted thoughts on this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My first thought is I vs E [usually I think people see themselves relative to their social circles], but I think T Vs F could definitely be up there too.

I'm superstrong I, but can act TOTALLY E, but then I get around some actual E and have to just run away with my tail tucked between my legs. I can out-E people in a given moment or for a short spurt of time, but can't maintain it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

N.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

umm.. I'm thinking I or E.. It seems the most changeable to me based on circumstances.. and yes there are socially awkward E's that stay in all the time and they think they are I's. And some very socially adept I's that are always surrounded by people so may consider themselves E. Also on this website alone, I think that that's the letter I see changed the most or with an "x" in its place.

MBTI
    INTp

Historically I think E has been valued much more by the general population and thus E would be a preferred typing by many people, but recently Introverts have become more understood and less criticized. I still think it's E vs I though, because Introverts are commonly seen as socially awkward/inept and that is somewhat stigmatized (although Introverts are not necessarily so).

The reason I don't think it's S versus N is because both have typing words with positive meanings ("Theoretical" seems intellectual or high-brow while "Concrete" seems practical and astute), and as what I think is the most commonly misunderstood category at first, people will often go on words alone when typing themselves.

The reason I don't think it's F versus T is because both objective thinking and interpersonal skill is valued in most people, and the reason I don't think it's P versus J is because there is a sizable number of people who value both open-mindedness and decisiveness.
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

your resident asshole

I'd go with I vs. E. It seems that with all of the stereotypes of I's being shy and whatnot, people are more inclined to think they are I. I can think of one person in particular right now. Really any letter can get mixed up just as easily.

E and I, and T and F seem to be the ones I question most. Probably more the T/F these days though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    N.
    I agree. The way some people use N/S, you'd think it stood for Noble/Serf. In fact, that's one of the reasons I'd be afraid to suggest an S typing for anyone... I know some people would take S that way (I did for a while when I was brainwashed by a certain INTP who writes long essays), especially if they're surrounded by Ns.

T/F would be the second one. I think a lot of NFs, SFJs, and SFPs mistype as NTs because they have an appreciation for academic/intellectual pursuits. The opposite happens too, but it seems a lot rarer.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'd personally say T vs F. I've seen Feelers claiming they analyze when they're actually using Fi or Ni, and Thinkers questioning their Judging preference because they can empathize, when they're most likely using Ne/Ni.

Also, the people who think they're "balanced" in Judging preference.

At least, this is based off a thread in another Forum concerning MBTI. The majority questioning their type couldn't decide on Judging preference.
    Um, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I agree. The way some people use N/S, you'd think it stood for Noble/Serf.

Correct.

The problem is that questions about S/N on tests are often stupid.
    For example if a question is " Is it easy for you to see how things will develope ?" who will say "NO" as an answer?

This question sounded so wrong that when I finnished the test I came back and changed my answer just to see for what the question is. It turned out it was for S/N.

The thing is that from all 4 scales the S/N is clearly the least known one. (if we are talking about people that don't know about MBTI of course)

So most peope have never defined themself in this dimension.
    In theory that could mean that some results wll be more accurate but because of lack of knowledge of this divide mistyping can occure. Especially if the real preferences are not strong.

If I am not mistaken a number of SJs on the forum has said that they can even picture how N works. However alot of questions on tests are asked in a way that they can be answered on a everyday level so it likey that sensor will look/score more intuitive then he/she actually is.

But if you are balanced in any of four dimensions mistyping is not unlikely.