Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

T/F because of gender expectations.

I/E is another one, because factors like shyness or anxiety could screw that preference up.

Really, most of the people I've given a test to had an S preference (and were perfectly fine with their results), so I don't think the S/N dichotomy is as biased as people think.

MBTI
    GONE

I think it's J vs P that is easiest to mis-type.

People can be on the fence with F or T or E or I - but you know which one you have a preference for. It's common to be on the cusp for E/I and F/T but being close to the border is apparent.

S vs N - I think most people are clear on that at least for themselves?

J vs P is easier to get confused on and not even be sure about because judge it usually based on timeliness and cleanliness and J/P is about way more than that. I know a lot of extremely picky about cleanliness 'Ps' and 'Ps' can also be very outspoken and even direct. There are also 'Js' who admit they are bad about time and timeliness.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

N is the obvious and true answer.

for one thing it's the one that seems hardest for people to understand and hardest for people to definitively type.

i/e has the energy level test which seems to work pretty much all the time. Can you go for a week of social contact without your brain turning to mush? You're an E.

j/p is a bit tougher but unlike n/s it doesn't have a social stigma attached to it. I find the j/p thing to be far easier to judge AFTER you've got I/E down, because IPs and EPs act a fuck of a lot different. There is a very clear EP way of conversing, and the IJ way is far more similar to it than the IP way. Dominant J vs Dominant P might be easier to figure out than j/p, but most people don't know about that.

T/F is usually a cakewalk, the only F on here I think might be a T is blackcat and that's just because he likes T-ing it up with me.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Thanks all for your thoughts.

I think "I vs E" and "N vs S" are my top 2 so far. I'll share my thoughts on these ones too later - must run some more errands right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I agree. The way some people use N/S, you'd think it stood for Noble/Serf.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    As for T/F, I think that this dimension it is most likely to be the one in which others will mistype you. (in their eyes)
    If nothing they will mistype you because of your gender.
    Agreed, the gender bias.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    depends what gender we're talking about... what culture, too. For example, i believe Western males will be more biased to select T over F.
    Yes, what guy likes to be thought of mushy emo? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Definitely the I/E divide. I can act like the biggest extrovert around a few people that I know very well. But put me around many people I don't know and I can actually feel the energy being drained from me.

Also, there's the confusion of introversion vs. social anxiety. Of course we know that extroverts too can have a lot of social anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    N is the obvious and true answer.

for one thing it's the one that seems hardest for people to understand and hardest for people to definitively type.

i/e has the energy level test which seems to work pretty much all the time. Can you go for a week of social contact without your brain turning to mush? You're an E.

j/p is a bit tougher but unlike n/s it doesn't have a social stigma attached to it. I find the j/p thing to be far easier to judge AFTER you've got I/E down, because IPs and EPs act a fuck of a lot different. There is a very clear EP way of conversing, and the IJ way is far more similar to it than the IP way. Dominant J vs Dominant P might be easier to figure out than j/p, but most people don't know about that.

T/F is usually a cakewalk, the only F on here I think might be a T is blackcat and that's just because he likes T-ing it up with me.
    Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    N.
    +1, on forums on the net (and I think it's because of this stereotype that N means you're more creative, intellectual, etc - which couldn't be further from the truth...some of the most artistic people I know are ISFPs and the most intellectual people I know are ISTJs and ISTPs...the examples I speak of are confirmed types).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

First complicated pairing: S vs N.

A lot of people mistype themselves as N because they think N means you have imagination and creativity and S means you don't... but that's pretty far from the truth.

S focuses on the detail itself.
    N focuses on the ramificiations of the details.

Creativity is something else entirely, and anyone can be creative.

edit: Just skimmed the rest of the thread, looks like others had the same perception.

Next complicated pairing: T vs F.

F sometimes gets interchanged with emotion, so emotional people are F and unemotional people are T... Not true.

The I/E and J/P combos tend to not be as easily confused.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

T and F is probably the most common thing to mistype, especially in males. That's my guess at least.

MBTI
    INTP

I think I/E can get confusing to those who are not MBTI-savvy, though. Because a lot of the time I = socially retarded in the minds of a lot of people, so they'd never think to type themselves that way if they have social skills.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    First complicated pairing: S vs N.

A lot of people mistype themselves as N because they think N means you have imagination and creativity and S means you don't... but that's pretty far from the truth.

S focuses on the detail itself.
    N focuses on the ramificiations of the details.

Creativity is something else entirely, and anyone can be creative.
    Agreed.

... I once heard that somebody's religiosity, or approach toward religion would conveniently indicate to what extent his, or her intuition is. Generally, the more intuitive you are, the more watchful you are as to what kind of belief you'll hold, and perhaps research/explore, whereas the more sensing you are, the more likely you'll simply observe rituals, and (obligatory) religious acts without even comprehending to what degree it's valid, or necessary. You could (otherwise) say it's a matter of uncertainty - imagine in a case scenario by which you're apprized about something going wrong for you; a sensor would think it key to do something out of a ritual might give 'strength' to evaid it, whereas an intuitive would think it key to do something more ingenious (esp. compromise), without letting go of a kind of personal value system to evaid it. Perhaps, I might be referring to 'patience', here.

Personally, I think religiosity plays an important part when you determine whether he, or she is intuitive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think I/E can get confusing to those who are not MBTI-savvy, though. Because a lot of the time I = socially retarded in the minds of a lot of people, so they'd never think to type themselves that way if they have social skills.
    I guess.

I know I've had some people call me an extrovert (wth???) and my dad claims to be an introvert (where he's so E -- and an unbalanced one, with all outward-directed behavior and nothing aimed internally). I guess it can happen when a person is only known in one situation or facet...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft