User Tag List

First 2345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Hmmm, our "I'll keep whatever I'm doing/thinking/feeling to myself so as not to impinge upon your personal harmony. I wouldnt want to violate your space or intrude upon your feelings." That can be respectful, or pussy-footing depending.

I think a lot of us INFP's [myself included] need to physically exercise more.

Our ability to have great insights and understandings, but then not share them.

Our ability to have deep and meaningful feelings but then not express them because they seem too mushy or sentimental.

We can definitely have moments of timidity.

That we have these very interesting deep creative personalities, but often aren't willing to share/express them in the open.

How our openness and caring can leave us prey to those with psychiatric/mental problems or to those with FAR less moral scruples.

That we alternate between being very calm and docile, very creative or even kooky, and hiding those so as to "socially fit in".

That we have great ideas for how things could be, but lack the organization and/or decisiveness to bring those ideas into creation/existence.

That we are so deep in our thoughts/feelings/reflections that other people don't want to or won't let us share those with them.

That we are these soft, sweet, easy-going fluffy bunnies when sometimes our soft-bunny-selves just need to bare our fangs and show our claws!

That people love us as we are but we nonetheless feel that we need to hide or adapt how we act/show-ourselves in the real/social world.

INFP's, the most interesting [and caring!] people that you will never actually bother to talk to because you can't see/notice how interesting and caring we are.
    Believe me whan I say this: I know this pain.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    is it just me or is there a pattern forming here?

How?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How can you be an ENTP and not have loads of self-criticisms?

You exist to reinvent and improve things. How about yourself?
    2 things:

* It's called constant change...doesn't allow for a 'self' to be concretely molded/defined (nor merit-worthy enough) before it's improved upon/shifted to answer to the times. Hence, hard, for me at least, to have generalized self-criticisms, but, rather I have criticisms about my actions given certain specific situations.

* One thing that I do detest in myself - my procastination, but, it doesn't bother me seeing it in others of my own type. I.e., it's very ego-centrically me, that like me and commentary on it, is irrelevant.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    How?
    NFPs hating on their type.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Dude you had better not be referring to me, coz I have a low voice
    I know you do, and it's actually quite pleasant. I was referring to ENFPs in general - or more specifically the ones talking on Vent at that time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    NFPs hating on their type.
    We are responding to the purpose of the thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    damn break my heart dude!
    I think that most INFP's would agree with that assessment, or at the very least understand why other INFP's could feel that way.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The tendency to be crippled by indecision. Sometimes we just have to stop thinking and start implementing.

This is more of a personal thing, but my complete lack of desire for interpersonal relationships causes me stress simply because my family won't stop bothering me about their concerns.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is more of a personal thing, but my complete lack of desire for interpersonal relationships causes me stress simply because my family won't stop bothering me about their concerns.
    If they only knew how much you open up to strangers while reserving that blank stare for them, right? It troubles me that all my real friendships are slowly drifting away while HAL is slowly sucking my soul...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    What are the traits and tendencies you notice in your type that you can't stand?

Hmm... perhaps the dismissal of emotions and personal experience - the tendency to think that if one cannot logically come to a conclusion that someone else has, that it somehow loses its validity automatically to some INTP's. This method can be honestly utilized in many situations, but the blanket application I've seen by some is what I'm speaking of. Almost like a blind spot or lack of ability to understand anything not involving "pure" logic.

Or when an INTP slots a skill or activity into the realm of "useless" because he or she is not good at it. Like socializing.

And why? Because you see it in yourself, because you don't, etc.

What? If I get what ye mean: I used to simply let emotions fall away, fade into the past over time because they hurt and were hard to deal with, but I then realized that they don't actually go away (the big, bad ones)... they just sit there, festering a little bit, waiting in a line like evil ducklings quacking before they peck yon eyes out.

(Translation: it's much better to deal with things as they come, ne? )
    +1

In terms of what I do better than other INTPs? Hmm, perhaps a bit more aware of my internal emotional life and being able to identify what I'm feeling and why. Learnt how to do that, it didn't come naturally fer sure.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.