User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which world would you be ok with using!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Futuristic: Set in the future, space ships, laser guns, tight leather outfits, mercenaries, pewpew

14 35.00%
  • Medieval: Knights in shiny armor, jousting matches, battlefields, superstition and religion!

6 15.00%
  • Steampunk: A magical world with a rise in steam based technology. Magick vs tech

16 40.00%
  • Apocalyptic world: mutants, pollution, renegades, anarchy, everyone for himself. Huge guns!

13 32.50%
  • The actual present world... ...

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default Calling all writers! TypoC fantasy world.

I've an idea inspired by Risen's topic on living in the wild, then inspired by my attempt at make a fictional blog. And figured of an awesome way for all writers here, and those interested in writing, to create a fun and cool little world of our own. In which all participants contribute.

Step one would be to create a base for a world.

- The real world as it is now, boring, boring and boring.
    - A fantasy world, medieval style, knights in shiny armor, swords, wenches and ale a plenty in every bar.
    - A futuristic world, multi-planets, space travel, and pew pew laser guns!
    - An apocalyptic world, mutants, killer zombies, giant cockroaches, spiders the size of buildings, big guns, and lots of decay and horror! (personal favorite, lots of cool ideas)
    - Share your idea!

(Poll would come later, if and when enough people have shown interest.)

Step two creating your character. Preferably based on your own MBTI type. May use another MBTI type if you feel confident portraying it well. May portray it either healthy or unhealthy! Writer freedom. May be as fictional as possible, but the psyche should be interesting and valid-ish. Humor is allowed but not at the cost of other peoples input.

Step three I make a thread, you all start posting and telling your characters story!

- You may choose to remain solo, or attempt to intertwine your story with other posters. Before you do so, inform the involved people!

- Never write someone elses character into your post. Unless you have that person's explicit consent!

As for other rules, have fun.

Anyone interested in creating a 'story' thread like this? Also, should it be in bonfire or the mature section? Was thinking violence, honestly.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm always up for playing with story.

I've done it with other friends, our approach there is a little different -- once you put something or someone into the story, it becomes fair game, and pretty much the idea is to build the most fun and interesting story possible while retaining as much coherency between posts as possible. Sometimes it's almost like people are fighting over the plot, it's sort of amusing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    it's sort of amusing.
    best line of the day.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Good! Well, it may work. As long as it doesn't get too chaotic and people stay a little reasonable. Main idea is for people to respect other peoples characters and not make a mess out of other peoples input. If they do that, sure, fair game is fine.

All posts above the post you post will be law though.

An idea I got from you was to include time travel into a futuristic world. Now that would be chaotic. :P

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Good! Well, it may work. As long as it doesn't get too chaotic and people stay a little reasonable. Main idea is for people to respect other peoples characters and not make a mess out of other peoples input. If they do that, sure, fair game is fine.

All posts above the post you post will be law though.

An idea I got from you was to include time travel into a futuristic world. Now that would be chaotic. :P
    Time travel always adds the benefit of being able to rewrite someone else's stuff you disagreed with.

(after awhile, you start to pick up the little tricks!)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

But perhaps better to make it a bit easy to follow for people. :P

Creating paradoxes all over probably will bore people, apart from a few that are having the best of fun with it. xD

your resident asshole

I'm all up for creating a fictional world. Not sure how much I could contribute, seeing as I'm not creative. :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm all up for creating a fictional world. Not sure how much I could contribute, seeing as I'm not creative. :P
    When multiple people are in on it. You can leech off of their creativity. That's the beauty of making a combined story like this. Everyones creativity adds to the story. Like one big blob of creativity. Playing along is fine.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But perhaps better to make it a bit easy to follow for people. :P Creating paradoxes all over probably will bore people, apart from a few that are having the best of fun with it. xD
    It's easy -- use your time travel device, then conveniently destroy it so that no one else can use it ever again. lol

your resident asshole

When multiple people are in on it. You can leech off of their creativity. That's the beauty of making a combined story like this. Everyones creativity adds to the story. Like one big blob of creativity. Playing along is fine.
    Sweet. I'm in. But not right now... I have to go to the dentist.