User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which world would you be ok with using!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Futuristic: Set in the future, space ships, laser guns, tight leather outfits, mercenaries, pewpew

14 35.00%
  • Medieval: Knights in shiny armor, jousting matches, battlefields, superstition and religion!

6 15.00%
  • Steampunk: A magical world with a rise in steam based technology. Magick vs tech

16 40.00%
  • Apocalyptic world: mutants, pollution, renegades, anarchy, everyone for himself. Huge guns!

13 32.50%
  • The actual present world... ...

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456 Last

Great thread idea, Fluff! You know I'm down!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Good! Well, it may work. As long as it doesn't get too chaotic and people stay a little reasonable. An idea I got from you was to include time travel into a futuristic world. Now that would be chaotic. :P
    Yeah, that was my thought, too much creative 'freedom' allows for the story to be taken in any direction possible without much ease in maintaining a flow/theme. Esp. when more than one person contributes to it.

E.g.,

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Time travel always adds the benefit of being able to rewrite someone else's stuff you disagreed with.

(after awhile, you start to pick up the little tricks!)
    It might be fun, but, ultimately, make the story more likely to dissolve into utter randomness.

Hence, for me, I chose, the actual present world. (besides, there would need to be a lot of agreement about the setting, how the world works if it's something that's not a reality)

Finally, I love to create intrigue with banality, without adding any bells or whistles, prolly while I don't like Fantasy or Sci-Fi fiction.

Just my 0.02 cents. Either way, I'm down to participate on whatever the majority agrees on.

Again, great idea!!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Steampunk or cyberpunk would be cool.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Results

Futuristic: Set in the future, space ships, laser guns, tight leather outfits, mercenaries, pewpew
    11 - 33.33%

Medieval: Knights in shiny armor, jousting matches, battlefields, superstition and religion!
    4 - 12.12%

Steampunk: A magical world with a rise in steam based technology. Magick vs tech
    14 - 42.42%

Apocalyptic world: mutants, pollution, renegades, anarchy, everyone for himself. Huge guns!
    12 - 36.36%

The actual present world... ...
    11 - 33.33%

Steampunk is the winner! But since there are four pretty high, perhaps a combination is in order.

Earth, set approximatly 1200 years into the future, after a massive world war, civilisation as we know it has been destroyed over a 1000 years before the current time. Remnants of our cities stand erected in memory of old. In this post apocalyptic world, there are remnants of advanced technologies, but not the understanding of it. A new industrial revolution is ongoing, with steam based technology as key. Incoorperated with bits and pieces of ancient technology to achieve new feats.

On the other side stands the occult, an unknown form of radiation washed over the world during its last destructive war, allowing people to do extraordinary things. Allowing the practicioner limited control over the elements, the power of the mind. These abilities are believed to be divine and magick to those to practice it, but witchcraft to those that do not.

The current world population, limited to the continent of africa, as believed to be the only livable continent on the planet. Is divided by those who seek technological advancement and obsess with the ancient civilisation that has lived on this earth. And those who believe in the divine and the paranormal. Paganizing the ancient remains of old civilisation as evil, and bringers of death.

Apart from these two extremes, many people find themselves on the balance between what is believed to be magick, as well as the interest in technology. But these people have to tread carefully as to not be exposed to either side of the more extreme forces.

What is to find on the other continents is a mystery. The world is once again large and untamed. Starting ground is Africa. Elements of futuristic civilisation, apocalyptic landscapes and lost history, real world connections, the powers that be and a steampunk revolution, in one big blob!

How's about that?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow!!! You can be Thundarr and I can be Princess Ariel!!

(Does Qre want to be Ookla the Mok?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow!!! You can be Thundarr and I can be Princess Ariel!!

(Does Qre want to be Ookla the Mok?)
    He is prettiest of the three, so YES! I DO!

We must then have some beastiality orgy scenes. I wanna do it with dolphins because of the prehensile penii thingy. Hey! Can we add a Waterworld aspect to it? Like there's an added civilization, who've morphed through evolution to live underwater? Merpeople? And, they know the secret to how to bring the evil magick people to destruction, but, because of a certain reason (dun dun dun) cannot divulge that information, adding to that, the fact that there are many barriers and obstacles in getting access to these merpeople.

OH! And these merpeople control the water element - so, any steam technology is dependent on finding a way to form a diplomacy between all three groups: the evil magick heathens, the technology seekers, and the merpeople....and one lone middle-person rises to the challenge, grudgingly. Our (anti)hero(ine?).

MBTI
    IsTP

So.. What now? New post? Rules thread? Something of the nature I assume?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Right now I would like for people to respond to my above post with the world suggestion. I could make a new thread for it too though.

Basicly, just a rough layout on a world in which people are comfortable with writing.

After that we can start and people can character orientate a bit, or join in as people begin to write.

I will start the story thread in 19 hours from now! Until then people are allowed to chip in ideas on the world. If not, I will go with the world I described a few posts up. And people will just have to fit in that.

By the way, I want to leave a lot open for people to creatively make the world with during the writing. Making it a sort of exploration of sorts.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I think you just owned my face with that.
    Here is your recipt and i cannot wait to see how no-name and the others will interact
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Can we add a Waterworld aspect to it?
    I'm so down for that unless there's a guy with a really fake looking fake eye hamming it up, in which case, no.