User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which world would you be ok with using!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Futuristic: Set in the future, space ships, laser guns, tight leather outfits, mercenaries, pewpew

14 35.00%
  • Medieval: Knights in shiny armor, jousting matches, battlefields, superstition and religion!

6 15.00%
  • Steampunk: A magical world with a rise in steam based technology. Magick vs tech

16 40.00%
  • Apocalyptic world: mutants, pollution, renegades, anarchy, everyone for himself. Huge guns!

13 32.50%
  • The actual present world... ...

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

interested but hesitant
    i can see how this can fail horribley. people write up paragraph over paragraph about their perfect character and the characters don't intereact or when they do it comes out like typical teen-hollywood twilight shit = boring

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    interested but hesitant
    +1
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

interested but hesitant
    i can see how this can fail horribley. people write up paragraph over paragraph about their perfect character and the characters don't intereact or when they do it comes out like typical teen-hollywood twilight shit = boring
    Well, I for one will encourage to do the opposite in my writing. And I'm sure the rest will realise that 'perfection' is boring anyhow.

Interesting, real world and steampunk are tied. I would've expected people to enjoy the creative freedom a different world would give. But fair enough. I will roll with any winner.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I might be interested in this, as long a it's not based in the real world, I'm so sick of that place.

I've done stuff like this before on forums and my experience is it doesn't really work unless everyone co-operates at a pro level. It will probably be fun even if it doesn't work though.

Where and when do we post our character profiles?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I might be interested in this, as long a it's not based in the real world, I'm so sick of that place.

I've done stuff like this before on forums and my experience is it doesn't really work unless everyone co-operates at a pro level. It will probably be fun even if it doesn't work though.

Where and when do we post our character profiles?
    Friday the poll closes on the world, I'll post the story thread, soem basic explanations, I'll make an introductory post of my character, only explaining the part of the world I'm in at the time and people can just use their imagination and start wherever as well. And start intertwining.

I think the most fun part is that the world is not explained prior to the start, and just have it evolve by the writers.

At least that is what I had in mind, but any input is welcome.

MBTI
    IsTP

interested but hesitant
    I've done this sort of thing before and usually people who create all-knowing all-seeing characters (we called em' Power Characters) or blatantly unoriginal characters (movie/game knock-offs) generally were pushed to the side and not many people want to play ball with them.

Character flaws are what make these things interesting. Envy, pride, lust, greed, etc would always spice things up and made for a more interesting and dynamic characters. It may be important to point this out in the OP when this all gets rolling.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I've done this sort of thing before and usually people who create all-knowing all-seeing characters (we called em' Power Characters) or blatantly unoriginal characters (movie/game knock-offs) generally were pushed to the side and not many people want to play ball with them.

Character flaws are what make these things interesting. Envy, pride, lust, greed, etc would always spice things up and made for a more interesting and dynamic characters. It may be important to point this out in the OP when this all gets rolling.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Self-selecting. People who make lousy characters just naturally get ignored in the overall scheme...

Agreed, a "helpful hint" FAQ to make the experience more interesting could set the tone nicely.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Agreed, a "helpful hint" FAQ to make the experience more interesting could set the tone nicely.
    Will work on it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Poll will be closed 23 hours from now. o/